CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Azamara? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/333853-azamara.html)

Lou May 27th, 2007 07:38 PM

Azamara?

I'm intrigued by the description of these smaller ships
and services. Has anyone sailed on either of the 2 ships as
yet, or are they not in service yet?

lulu48 May 27th, 2007 10:39 PM

Only the Journey is sailing now .
Still a work in progress by the sounds of returning passengers.

nlvc12 May 29th, 2007 11:44 PM

Things are looking better on Azamara

From the postings I've seen, while the first sailing was a bit of disaster, and things still rough on the 2nd cruise, it appears that most problems have been straightened out. Most of the pending improvements are the refrigerators in the cabins and new lounge chairs.

Quest will start in October, though they seem to have suspended reservations for the first scheduled cruise - perhaps learning from what went wrong on the Journey.

nlvc12

lulu48 May 30th, 2007 11:02 AM

Re: Azamara?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou
I'm intrigued by the description of these smaller ships
and services.

Princess also has 2 of the R ships and Oceania has 3 if it is the ship size you are interested in.

Lou May 30th, 2007 04:11 PM

I'm a fan of Celebrity, so that was a major factor
in my interest.

I have no interest in Princess, but would like any
news of Oceania cruises. Aren't they pricey?

tennisbum May 30th, 2007 05:55 PM

My opinion is that Oceania cruises are more pricy than the mainline cruises including both Holland and Celebrity however much lower than premium ships such as Crystal and Seabourne.They are finding a price point which appears to be favored by many cruisers and have heard nothing but positives from those who have been on these ships.

Lou May 30th, 2007 06:08 PM

Thanks, I'll have to check them out.

lulu48 May 31st, 2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou
I'm a fan of Celebrity, so that was a major factor
in my interest.

I have no interest in Princess, but would like any
news of Oceania cruises. Aren't they pricey?

If you are looking at Azamara then Oceania is about the same price point for similar cruises.
There are some differences in services but are pretty close to what I have read.

We have done 3 "O" cruises with 2 more booked

Rev22:17 June 5th, 2007 06:53 PM

lulu48,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You
Princess also has 2 of the R ships and Oceania has 3 if it is the ship size you are interested in.

While you were not looking, Princess acquired a third -- MV Royal Princess (nee MV R8).

Norm.

Rev22:17 June 5th, 2007 06:56 PM

tennisbum,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You
My opinion is that Oceania cruises are more pricy than the mainline cruises including both Holland and Celebrity however much lower than premium ships such as Crystal and Seabourne.They are finding a price point which appears to be favored by many cruisers and have heard nothing but positives from those who have been on these ships.

Just to split hairs over one point, the recognized classifications of the industry, Holland America and Celebrity are "premium" lines while Crystal and Seabourne are "luxury" lines.

Norm.

lulu48 June 5th, 2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev22:17
lulu48,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You

While you were not looking, Princess acquired a third -- MV Royal Princess (nee MV R8).

Norm.

Thanks I thought I missed one!!! :D