Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
Passenger

Default Century Experience to share?

Hi.

Are there any one that can share their thought on their recent Century expience
I will greatly appreciate it.
I am planning on a cruise to the Artic Circle with Century next year.
Since I did see some negative comments about the food, I am a tad concerned, since that is one thing I found better on Celebrity versus R.C/

Liv
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Familiar Face

Go to page 4 there is a wealth of information: Topics "Cruising on the Century."
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Admiral

I sailed on the newly expanded Century for the 2006-07 New Year's cruise - it was a 5 nighter. Two nights I ate in the dining room - the other 3, my good friend treated our group of 6 to Muranos for an additional price. Muranos outstanding!!! Dining room - about the worst food and service I've ever had on any ship. Then, I did a two nighter right after that and that time only in the dining room - again the food and service were awful.

Would highly recommend you try Princess for Alaska - food and service are 10 times better (and that much better than RCI, too). Plus they have real fridges in the cabins - not the mini bars where the ice melts almost immediately. Also, fresh water pools - however, that may not be germane to an Alaska trip.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed last May 2007 to Norway on Century.
The food was excellent, absolutely not a single complaint. Not just by us but also our table-mates were very happy with it.
Also service was very good.
Old August 4th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Passenger

We sailed her November 2006 and thought the food was wonderful. in the Dining Room. We did have dinner one night in Muranos and thought it was excellant as well. I have never had bad dining, or service on Celebrity. We have sailed Millenium, Infinity [3 times] Century, Galaxy and Zenith.
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Passenger

Thank you one and all for your replies. From your comments, I am sticking to my plans. And looking so forward to my trip.

If there are any thing else you can share about your trip, such as scenery excursions etc. I will be so grateful to learn all I can.

Fellow cruiser
Liv
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Century Experience to share?

Liv,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Since I did see some negative comments about the food, I am a tad concerned, since that is one thing I found better on Celebrity versus R.C/
I would not be too concerned about the comments about food. Cuisine is very much a matter of personal preference, so it seems that somebody is always displeased no matter what a cruise line serves. People who don't care for French cuisine -- and there are many -- would tire of the formerly featured cuisine of Michel Roux grew old very quickly. Celebrity's new culinary consultants, under the leadership of Elizabeth Blau, probably are starting to introduce other styles, and those who are extremely fond of French cuisine are carping about the change that they perceive as deterioration. Indeed, I really doubt that Elizabeth Blau wants her name and reputation tarnished by any cuisine that is substandard in any way!

Norm.
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

After completing our Artic Circle cruise 2 weeks ago my wife and I have had time to review and reflect on the Century.
The crew and staff were very good. Our cabin steward was just outstanding.
The food however left a lot to be desired. Average at best would be the norm for most dinners. The menu continues to be uninspired on several nights of our 12 night voyage.
If you newver sailed Celebrity in the early days, maybe you wouldn't notice the difference....but we sure do.
This particular sailing commands a premium rate and we just felt most of the food was just cruise ship average.
We have cruised Celebrity ships from there begining on various ship to many different places. We just hate to see this slide in food quality.
We have decided to give Celebrity a rest for the next few cruises. If the food continues to decline...thats a major reason for us to skip them. It was the excellent food that attracted us to them...
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Familiar Face

Default For Cookie 1207

We also noticed a difference on our last cruise. That was the Galaxy. Many of the dining room main dishes were not up to par.

By the way, how did you enjoy the Arctic Circle itinerary? Was it worth going all the way to the North Cape, or would you have preferred spending more time in the fjords?

Thanks.
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Artic Circle was fine, but in all honesty....crusing Alaska is much more beautiful. All the little fishing villages in Norway were nice too, but still we enjoy Alaska more.
We will be back sailing Norway , Iceland and Greenland next summer.(this includes a trans-Atlantic crossing.)

Best Wishes
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you for your honest answer. Would you mind telling us what you did in the various ports and also how much you enjoyed the different ports.

Thanks.

P.S. We have been to Alaska and we have been to a couple of fjords. This would be a major, expensive cruise and I would not be a happy camper if we were to be disappointed.
Old August 16th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Default Cookie1207

Hi Cookie 1207

Just wondering what ship are you sailing for Norway, Iceland, Greenland and Trans-Atlantic.
Sounds very intersting, can you share please

Liv
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are booked on the Sea Princess(Princess Cruises) Sailing August 30,2008 from Southampton to New York 14 days. The cruise is almost booked up for balcony cabins and only 6 are left.(balcony)

Check the iten. on line...its great with plenty of sea days.
Old August 25th, 2007, 06:30 PM
First Mate

If anyone has recently returned from the Europe itins can you pls post on how things are going on board? main interests are food, entertainment, excursions, CD & anything special...buffets etc. We are sailing 9/21 from Barcelona Thanks
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Beginner

I did 3 contracts on Century, thought it was a fantastic ship, especially after revite, who said the food was poor? I thought it was ace. Murano is probably the best dining experience I've ever had. Do it, you will have fun.
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Passenger

Default CENTURY

DEAR LIV,

I can't imagine "Anyone" saying the food isn't any good....I have cruised on every line there is and Celebrity has to be the best in the food category. We were on the Century about 4 yrs ago and the food was phenominal......We just got off an older Celebrity ship and it was Fabulous as well......DON'T WORRY AND ENJOY!!
Old September 9th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Perhaps you haven't noticed the decline in Celebrity food quality. For those of us that have been long term Celebrity passengers....its real(from menu selection to taste )
The food is not bad, not just that special anymore.