Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Beginner

Default Galaxy Inside Room

I'm planning on going on the 11 day eastern med cruise next June. This will be our honeymoon so were hoping to have a wonderful relaxing trip. However I'm not sure which stateroom I should book. I was looking at 1230 but I'm a little concerned that it is above the oasis cafe. Should I be? How about the Magrodome?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Galaxy Inside Room

ianmgreen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I'm planning on going on the 11 day eastern med cruise next June. This will be our honeymoon so were hoping to have a wonderful relaxing trip. However I'm not sure which stateroom I should book. I was looking at 1230 but I'm a little concerned that it is above the oasis cafe. Should I be? How about the Magrodome?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Hmmm....

I normally book an inside cabin because I really don't plan to hang out there during my cruise. An inside cabin is perfectly adequate for sleeping, showering, changing clothes, and stowing belongings. If I were booking a cruise for a honeymoon, though... well, I think that my bride and I might be planning to spend a bit more time in our cabin than on a normal cruise so I would opt for something a bit more romantic, like a balcony or even a suite, if there's any way to swing it.

If an inside cabin is all that you can swing, though, the location really does not matter very much. The cabins over the Oasis Cafe are very convenient to the buffet and the pool, and noise is not a problem. The disco is really the only space that tends to be really loud, and it's far enough away from those cabins so it won't be a problem.

Norm.
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Beginner

Hey norm thanks for the response.

We would enjoy a balcony however it is not in the budget for trip to Europe. Which is where we both want to go. Plus we will be having a excursion to go on almost everyday so I don't think we will feel trapped in the cabin. Plus with the sky deck we are seconds away from lounge chairs where we can still enjoy the view albeit without the same level of privacy. But with a budget of about $8000 it couldn't be done. Airfare is around $1300-1500 each and a veranda being $3100 each. It would cost $9200 just to get over there and have no money for any drinks, spa services, shopping or excursions. And with the inside cabin being only about $1700 each that gives us each about $1000 spending money for all those expenses.

If you have any recommendations for any good excursions we would love any advice. We are both looking to enjoy the history of Europe so if anyone has been on a good excursion that involves the history of Greece of Italy that would be great.

Ian
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Ian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You

We would enjoy a balcony however it is not in the budget for trip to Europe. Which is where we both want to go. Plus we will be having a excursion to go on almost everyday so I don't think we will feel trapped in the cabin. Plus with the sky deck we are seconds away from lounge chairs where we can still enjoy the view albeit without the same level of privacy. But with a budget of about $8000 it couldn't be done. Airfare is around $1300-1500 each and a veranda being $3100 each. It would cost $9200 just to get over there and have no money for any drinks, spa services, shopping or excursions. And with the inside cabin being only about $1700 each that gives us each about $1000 spending money for all those expenses.
I understand the problem of cost, and I sympathize completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
If you have any recommendations for any good excursions we would love any advice. We are both looking to enjoy the history of Europe so if anyone has been on a good excursion that involves the history of Greece of Italy that would be great.
The ship's excursions generally are the best way to maximize what you will see in the time that you have. Most European cities offer only a few shore excursions and they are not cheap, but at least the price includes lunch and admssion to all of the attractions that they visit. Budget about $250 ($125 each) per port of call for shore excursions, and you will be fine!

Norm.
Old August 14th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Ian! First, congrats and best wishes!

Second, I know I should MMOB, but why don't you consider a romantic destination? A Greek island? Or the Amalfi coast? (Probably my all-time fave destination.)Or Provence ,OMG, drop-dead gorgeous! (Probably second to the Amalfi!)

I know many honeymooners choose a cruise. But the cabins are much smaller and less romantic than a hotel room. Also, wherever you turn, there are so many people. It's not easy to find a quiet, secluded corner. When you take the ship's tours, you will be part of an onslaught of tourists.

Your budget sounds high enough for a wonderful honeymoon. Whatever you choose, enjoy!
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmgreen

Ian
Sorry, but you have to do better than an inside cabin for your honeymoon...HOW UNROMANTIC!!! You should shop around for prices and if that doesn't work...go to one spot in maybe a B&B. And I don't want to hear ...you only spend time in your cabin to sleep and shower..lol. I'm a quite a bit older than you and can't imagine anything worse than an inside cabin on my honeymoon..