Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Passenger

Default Pacific Northwest; anyone done?

I am considering this cruise for October, 2009, because I already missed my opportunity to do this itnerary on the Mercury this October due to booking a land vacation before realizing the Mercury was available, being new to cruising.

Are the seas rough in the Pacific Northwest this time of year? My husband is very sqeamish about rocking ships, and though we have no guarantee he will be on a "rock free" ship on any itin, I am researching which ones will be the least likely for rougher seas. DH, however, is a huge fan of British Columbia in the fall, so am really trying to gauge what his comfort level might be on this cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default paigelee.....

I've done it mid September. had a GREAT time!!

Stops were Victoria ( GREAT whale watching and shopping ), and Namaino, great scenery and culture.

My partner and I were married in Nanaimo, and greeted by the mounties.

We have the same trip planned for next year, but on the Millenium out of Vancouver for a different spin on our anniversary.

As for the seas, we found one day to be a little rocky, but the rest were completely still. Remember you are basically in the inside passage and moving VERY slowly.

Have a great trip,

Dave

BTW: the only new discrepancy with this trip is the dress code. We previously had two casual nights and one formal. There are many noe that are saying that its two casual and one informal...We are sticking with the formal one.
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 09/08/06
Celebrity Century - Freeport 01/04/07
RCL Monarch OTS - Ensenada 01/11/07
Celebrity Zenith - W. Caribbean 03/23/07
Upcoming cruises:
Azamara Quest - CocoCay 10/24/07
Celebrity Century - W. Caribbean 01/03/08
Celebrity Galaxy - Mediterannean 06/09/08
Celebrity Millenium - PNW 09/19/08
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Passenger

Default Re: paigelee.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bububr
I've done it mid September. had a GREAT time!!

Stops were Victoria ( GREAT whale watching and shopping ), and Namaino, great scenery and culture.

My partner and I were married in Nanaimo, and greeted by the mounties.

We have the same trip planned for next year, but on the Millenium out of Vancouver for a different spin on our anniversary.

As for the seas, we found one day to be a little rocky, but the rest were completely still. Remember you are basically in the inside passage and moving VERY slowly.

Have a great trip,

Dave

BTW: the only new discrepancy with this trip is the dress code. We previously had two casual nights and one formal. There are many noe that are saying that its two casual and one informal...We are sticking with the formal one.
Thanks for the info; it's good to know we are on an inside passage. I am very unfamiliar with this territory, but my husband loves it. By the way, happy anniversary! Our October trips are for anniversary. Fun, fun, fun.
Old September 20th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Beginner

We did a 3 day to Canada on Holland America (our first cruise) and it was so much Fun...we are hooked! We also lucked out on weather, sunny and so hot we got sunburns on the way back sitting out by the pool. The waters were calm with no rocking of the boat at all...Second trip was to Alaska aboard Princess 7 days...Fun cruise line and again no issues with rough waters...a bit chilly in Alaska but, well worth the cold to see the beautiful country side....Have fun on your trip!!
Old September 30th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Passenger

Yes, the seas can be rough in the PNW especially if the ship goes to Astoria, which is the worst. Have been on it and have dealt with the rough seas for a day and a half on this exact cruise.