Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Beginner

Default Summit - Bathroom Fosit problem

My mother and I just came back from the Dec 7-21, 2007 Celebrity Summit Cruise - Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles Panama Canal cruise. The trip was wonderful and saw a lot of nice places. We had the Sky Suite Room # 6125 on deck 6 (Penthouse Deck). The room was great, but there was an annoying problem in the bathroom. My mom noticed brown water coming out of the sink Spigot. It started while in Cartagena, Columbia, but came and went for the rest of the trip. They did change some filters in the sink and else were and seemed to solve it, but not entirely The engineers said that there was a problem with the Filtration system on the ship and they were running some cleaning solution in the system causing some of the brown color, but a lighter color came and went. Despite this problem, the bathroom was otherwise very usable. Wonder if any one on the cruise noticed the problem in their state room elsewhere on the ship or if someone who had this room on a prior cruise have problem with this. Just curious if the problem existed before in this particular room on this ship.

Thank you for any information on this problem. Otherwise, Summit was a very nice ship.
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

So glad to hear you had a nice cruise....A friend of mine had a major issue with brown water, coming from the shower, on a cruise a few yrs back. I guess this issue pops up once in a while, and I'm glad you handled it well.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator