Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:14 AM
Beginner

Default Celebrity Summit Condition, service and maintenance

Regarding the condition of Celebrity Summit, service and cleanliness, we just came back from the Dec 7-21 Panama Canal cruise on her and I thought the overall condition of the various public rooms on the ship was in good condition, accept the occasional spot on the carpet, but normal for high traffic areas and the furniture in our State room was good. The service on the ship was quite good on this cruise, but there were some issues with the waiter at the dining room one night and a pushy waiter had a bill with optional $2.00 gratuity in the Causal Dining Restaurant the last night. The cleanliness of the ship was great, since they were consistently always disinfecting all surfaces through out the ship and always saw vacuuming going on through out. My mom is fussy with the quality of coffee. Improvements that I could see are in the following areas: make sure food gets to table during dinner in Cosmopolitan Restaurant is hot, have more less fattening Salad dressings and fruit based desserts, quality of coffee in restaurants and fix vibrations in the Cosmopolitan Restaurant. I did see some maintenance on the ship, such as painting outside the ship and inside touching up of varnished walls and maintenance on the elevators, so I don’t think there is a lack of maintenance on the ship. There might be times it appears that way, since they have several ships to maintain, just like airplanes of an airline like American Airlines. Ware and tear is normal during normal use, when considering over a thousand people on each cruise. This is my observation that I saw while on the cruise and is my second cruise on Celebrity, with this being first on Summit, but first cruise on Mercury in 2004. I am sure problems like these can occur on all cruise lines.
Sponsored Links