Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Beginner

Default Century from Amsterdam

Has anyone taken this cruise and what did you think? What was the typial age of the people aboard?
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

It might depend what time of the year, what schedule.
During summermonths more some kids on board.
Last May we sailed to Norway on Century.
It was a nice mix of ages and nationalities.
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed the North Cape iten in July last year. The average age I would say was 55-65 years old with a wide variety of Dutch and German passengers aboard.
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Beginner

We are booked on the August 21, 2008 cruise leaving Amsterdam for Ireland and Norway, ages 55 YOUNG, anyone else going?.
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Passenger

I am from Aalesund one of the ports this ship will visit. I am booked on the cruise leaving Amsterdam July 28, 2008.
Celebrity Cruise Line is my favourite, and I can't wait.

As I have cruised Norway on what is called Hurtigruten I can tell you the scenery is spectacular, the dates in July is perfect for the chance of the best weather.
The best
msliv
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Familiar Face

2/6
I have booked this cruise for Aug. 31st startinh in Amsterdam. I'm seeking a compatibel lady cruise companion to share the cruise and the cost to avoid the singles panalty. Have been on ten cruises and had three ladies share the cruise on previous cruises.

Have done a good bit of research on the ports to be visited. Willing to share info and answer questions. If you would like, reply to me at
billsimon2@juno.com
CruisinBill
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:35 PM
Beginner

Mrs. Miller,
Do you think we should book a tour through the ship for Aalesund or is it easy to get around by ourselves? And is there anything we should not miss seeing during our one port day there? And have you been on the Norway in a Nutshell tour from Bergen or Flam? We are going on the Ireland/Norway cruise departing in late August 2008 from Amsterdam. Thank you for any information!
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Passenger

Good afternoon.

As regarding the question about Aalesund If there is one thing I know it is that you can easily be entertained there for the day, no guide needed every thing is at your feet.
The architecture etc, is fabulous, the scenery spectacular, the seafood none better. Ok, so I am biased. But you will know what I mean when you get there. My suggestion to you is to look at the thread in Cruise Critic Thread 5556768; it is listed as Century July28, 2008. You will find many suggestions.

As for the Norway in a nutshell, no I have not done that. But I have taken the train from Oslo to Bergen, I wish that I had been able to take the Flam excursion, and if I possible can squeeze it in this year I will do so.

I will be happy to answer any question you might have.
Bon Voyage.

msliv
Old March 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Passenger

Hi...
If this is helpful, I don't know! I've sailed Celebrity Century several times (she's a grand ship which received a most impressive upgrade in 2005) and sailed trans-Atlantic (May, 2005) from FLL to Northern Europe (visited 5 countries) before reaching Amsterdam. This is a great adventure, although I don't know the countries on your itinerary, because of the cruise line and this particularly wonderful ship. Enjoy.

Dennis
Old March 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Passenger

Sorry, I didn't answer your second question.

Celebrity lines usually caters to 50+ aged adults (I am 60) with usually discriminating tastes with which it can deal very effectively. I am a large fan of this particular cruise line.

Dennis
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Beginner

Hi Mrs Miller. We're also going on this particular cruise on 28 July and were very interested in your reply about Alesund. Have you an opinion on the other ports of call? We'd most like to do a few organised trips and the rest ourselves - just wondered which were the best to do with Celebrity. Also what would you recommend clothing wise for trips at this time of year in Norway? Thanks for any info you are able to give
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM
Passenger

Default Century-Norway

Old May 1st, 2008, 05:58 PM
Passenger

Hi Dollysmom.
Glad to be of assistance, and so happy that you are joining us.
If you go to the thread listed below, you will find fellow cruisers, please join our thread and our meet and greet group
As for clothing, personally I try to travel as light as possible.
Essential are layers. Norway can be both hot and cold in the summer.
If I may suggest, a trench coat is great, you can wear light or heavier clothing under. I also suggest jeans or sturdy slacks for cool days and a couple of sweaters, good walking shoes, this way you won’t be miserable if you have some cool sight seeing days.
On the ship use your summer items.
Please surprise our group by clicking on the thread and say hello, and you will find answers to most of your questions regarding what to do in each port. Most of us have listed our preferences and I have given my input as well.
msliv
Bon Voyage
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=555676
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Beginner

Hi Mrs Miller

That link leads me to something not connected to this cruise.......?
Can you advise. Thanks
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Passenger

Hello again.

So sorry it did not work for you, but try it again, copy and paste below link in top search bar. As you can see this is the Cruise Critic Forum.
I switch between Cruise Critic and CruiseMates they both have great info.
my name on the cruisecritic is msliv.
Please try it again and let me know if you need further help. But below is the beginning of our thread, as you can see it was started by Rhea
from N.Y.
msliv

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=555676

Boards Cruise Styles Deals Features Find a Cruise Luxury News Planning Ports Reviews

Home Cruise Agencies | Cruise Deals
Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic > ROLL CALLS - Members Only > ROLL CALLS - Celebrity "Connections" > Roll Calls - Century
Century-July 28, 2008
Welcome, msliv.

#1 May 16th, 2007, 03:50 PM
rheasue38
Cool Cruiser Join Date: Dec 2003

Century-July 28, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!
We are Rhea and Michael from Valley Stream, New York. We love to cruise and look forward to this amazing itinerary. If you are on this cruise, please join this thread.
Rhea

rheasue38
View Public Profile
Find all posts by rheasue38
Add rheasue38 to Your Buddy List

Sponsored Links