Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Beginner

Default Norovirus / Bed Bugs - Panama Cruise 12-7-07

Panama Cruise 12-7-07

NoroVirus outbreak on Summit and Beg Bugs in someones cabin on Deck 2 – Panama Canal Cruise 12-7-07. I read another blog here on Cruise Mates that a family had to change rooms 2 times from deck 2 to 3 and then onto Deck 7. I hope the 13 year old daughter gets over her asthma problem related to the insecticide used to fumigate their first room and that Celebrity phones or emails them back about what Insecticide was used and that they get some kind of compensation for the problem. They did get a better room in the end and sounds like that Celebrity was trying handling it in the best manner possible, but should reply soon to them. Also on this same blog, they mentioned a NoroVirus on the Summit. We ourselves were fine on the cruise and didn’t have any problems. The only thing that I do remember is that our Butler responding to our room for a brown water problem in our Bathroom sink mentioned something about a code red. Seems like when Summit crew was handing out those wipes and constant cleaning around ship /plastic gloves in kitchen area’s in Waterfall Café that they were striving to keep a major outbreak from happening. The same post about the Beg Bug problem, they mentioned only a few people had the Norovirus. Despite this, it was a wonderful cruise.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Passenger

Sorry to hear about these problems. We were on that cruise on the Summit and had a wonderful time, had no idea these things were happening. Glad you enjoyed your cruise anyway!
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Beginner

An update:
I finally got a call from X last Thursday (Jan. 17th) regarding the e-mail which I'd sent as soon as I returned home from this trip (for complete details, my review is posted in "Members Reviews" here on Cruisemates). However, I was out of town until Friday and haven't returned their call. I've also sent a very detailed letter to the CEO of X. I will return the call on Monday and see if they'll tell us the name of the poison (and why it might have blistered the laptop screen!) and give me a copy of the medical records they refused to give me onboard. As far as compensation....I really don't care. I'm rather sure that I don't want to sail on them again. Our daughter is doing much better with the asthma, but I think it's important that her doctor knows what she had to breathe and it's added to her medical records.
There were reports of continued bedbug problems on another board....in the meet and greet section for the following cruise.
I've been "flamed" for bringing up such an unpleasant subject by X loyalists, so I'm reading, but no longer replying.
Karen