Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Passenger

Default NCL Cabin right in front-Es no bueno? Please help!

We're cruising in 11 days on the Norwegian Sun and we're assigned a cabin way on the top (3rd floor down), way toward the front of the ship. This is my first cruise, but I've heard that can be rough. How bad is it? Has anyone out there had problems? Should I even bother worrying about it? We had a guaranteed cabin. Is there any chance I can change it anyway?

Thank you so much for any feedback!!!!!
Cassi
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Admiral

This is the Celebrity board, for me any cabin on NCL would not be good.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Familiar Face

Your 1st mistake was booking with NCL.
Old January 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Familiar Face

Don't you just love replies that are so extremely helpful and on-point. Don't listen to the them. NCL is ok. You might want to call NCL and see if you can change to a cabin a little closer to midship, though. I've never had a forward cabin, but I noticed that the show lounge, which was forward, had a lot more movement and was especially bad when we had really rough seas - even walking to the lounge was difficult. But even in the type of seas we had, our midship cabin had a lot of movement sometimes. You probably won't be spending a lot of time in your cabin anyway and, unless you're prone to seasickness, it won't bother you. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Passenger

Hi, it depends if you tend to get seasick or not. We had a cabin at the VERY front on the Dec 07 Summit Panama Canal cruise and things were really rocking and rolling. But I don't get seasick, so it was loads of fun, I love to feel the ship moving. But if you tend to get seasick, you will be very miserable. Good luck!
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Passenger

Thank you Born to Cruise and Koala Bear. I accidentally posted in the wrong forum (obviously) and couldn't figure out how to move it. I didn't realize I would offend anyone!

I really needed to hear from someone who had experience. Think I'll call and try to switch it. Better safe than barfing, eh?!

Thanks again!!!!
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Passenger

Hi this just happened to me on a 2/9 cruise on Princess. I had a BA balcony guaranteed--got assigned Rm.202 Lido deck. .Actually, it was one of the one small block of rooms I was hoping I wouldn't get!! I called Princess, who told me what cabins were still available (there weren't many),choose one, then hurry and call my TA,who had it changed in 5 min. . I always book guar., have always been happy with what I was assigned. If I had to keep it, I would have chalked it up to the experience of it all, but I was sure happy it got changed! Enjoy the cruise.
Old January 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Passenger

Yeah, I called today and the ship's chock full. Oh well, maybe it'll be the perfect spot. I betcha we'll have a blast and won't even think about it!

Thanks for the reply!
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Admiral

cazz,
The first two responses you received are not typical of the type of people who post on this site.
The overwhelming majority are folks who genuinely want to help.
Old January 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Cassi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Thank you Born to Cruise and Koala Bear. I accidentally posted in the wrong forum (obviously) and couldn't figure out how to move it. I didn't realize I would offend anyone!
You cannot "move" a post from one board to another, but you can delete your own post by displaying the thread and clicking the little button with the "X" in it on the right side of the orange bar above the post that you want to delete. Note that this button appears only for your posts, and only if you are logged into the message board system.

You also can modify your own posts by clicking the "Edit" button next to the "X" button above the post that you wish to edit.

FWIW, I agree with the poster who said that the biggest problem with the cabin that you described is that it's on an NCL ship. I talk to a lot of people who cruise with a lot of cruise lines, and I consistently hear a very mixed bag of comments about NCL with a higher preponderance of negative comments than about any other cruise line. Of course, there are also some folks who like NCL, so YMMV.

Norm.
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17
Cassi,

FWIW, I agree with the poster who said that the biggest problem with the cabin that you described is that it's on an NCL ship. I talk to a lot of people who cruise with a lot of cruise lines, and I consistently hear a very mixed bag of comments about NCL with a higher preponderance of negative comments than about any other cruise line. Of course, there are also some folks who like NCL, so YMMV.

Norm.
THe question was about cabin location on a ship cazz was already commited to.
She asked if she should change the cabin, not the cruise line. To denegrate NCL when it could not be changed serves no useful purpose.