Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Beginner

Default Bar Set-Up on Celebrity?

We are leaving on the Constellation in a few days and were wondering if we could order bottles (of hard liquor) for our stateroom. We don't mind paying more for them and a corkage fee, but would rather make our own drinks than go to the bars for them. I know NCL has a bar set-up, but I can't find anything about Celebrity offering it. Any help would be appreciated (we're leaving on Feb 18th).
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

X rules do not allow you to have hard liquor in your room, whether you bring it from home, from a port or buy it on board. If you buy it onboard they will keep it for you until after the cruise. I know many pax smuggle in liquor and some get away with it. If you get caught, they will dispose of the liquor.
You can bring up to two bottles of wine on board. The corkage fee in the dining room is $25. If you drink your own wine in your room or buy it onboard there is no corkage fee.
These rules are spelled out in the back of the brochure under Terms and Conditions.
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:02 AM
First Mate

Yes, they do have a liquor package you can order through gifts. Classic liquors are $60 and Premiums are $80.

http://tinyurl.com/2nuu42

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old February 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks, Irish Girl

Thanks, Irish Girl; I found the Bon Voyage gift options & will order the liquor set-u (or several ) to be delivered to our stateroom before we board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm44
X rules do not allow you to have hard liquor in your room, whether you bring it from home, from a port or buy it on board. If you buy it onboard they will keep it for you until after the cruise. I know many pax smuggle in liquor and some get away with it. If you get caught, they will dispose of the liquor.
You can bring up to two bottles of wine on board. The corkage fee in the dining room is $25. If you drink your own wine in your room or buy it onboard there is no corkage fee.
These rules are spelled out in the back of the brochure under Terms and Conditions.
Kmm - you gave me the wrong info. They do allow drinking hard liquor in your stateroom - you can order it directly from them either before you go, or at customer service while on board. Also, they don't dispose of hard liquor that they catch passengers smuggling...they just hold it for you until the end of the cruise. Wheeew...you scared me! I'm thinking you have a personal bias against drinking for answering so matter-of-factly w/o having the correct information.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Beginner

Can you tell me on Celebrity what is the size of the bottle for the Bar Service, is it 1 liter ot .750???

Also where can I get info on NCL bar service, we will be sailing with them as well and are interested?