Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Summit May 11, 2008 Looking for shore excursion company ?

Hi!

We are looking for company to share some private company port tours (4-12 people) from the Celebrity Summit Ship sailing from Barcelona on May 11, 2008. We are trying to avoid the large buses from the ships and see more of the ports. We have friends that have already recommended an excellent reliable company to use. We are a fun-loving couple in our early 50's. Hope to hear from you!
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Beginner

Hi there,

That is a great idea we were trying that for Italy but we are travelling with nine of us and one who has just turned 80 and mobility is limited so that is why, but it didn't work out, the one outstanding one we are waiting to hear on is Rome, since Panoramic Rome is not showing up any more and it wasn't a strenuous one.

We just booked our excursions last week and are all set as a group, so we are seeing your posting too late. What company are you using? We had two recommended to us, the one was driver in rome and the other i have to try and find. I hope you get lots of takers!!

This will be our eight cruise with Celebrity, we enjoy them!

I will monitor your responses! Good luck, where are you from in Canada!
Old March 9th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi!

Our friends have used PortCompass and raved about the tours and guides they have had. Sounds like you are ahead of me in the "planning department". Who did you book your tours through?
Old March 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Summit May 11, 2008 Looking for shore excursion company

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancruiser
Hi!

We are looking for company to share some private company port tours (4-12 people) from the Celebrity Summit Ship sailing from Barcelona on May 11, 2008. We are trying to avoid the large buses from the ships and see more of the ports. We have friends that have already recommended an excellent reliable company to use. We are a fun-loving couple in our early 50's. Hope to hear from you! :D
Hi there,

We did some research sent a number of emails and at this point what we have done is booked with the ones on the ship, and plan to cancel if we get responses from the other tour operators, but we have to be careful my father is traveling with us, although we are in our 40/50's he is 80!

Right now we are waiting for the company Driver in Rome this is who we want to use, for we have heard good things from them, the other company that we are talking too via email is Italy Limo, still waiting to hear back from them.

Right now we are doing: Monaco and Monte Carlo in the a.m. and then the French Riviera in the p.m.. For Florence we are doing Panoramic florence then we are hoping in the afternoon to go to pisa and a small town via a cab in the afternoon, for the times on the ship don't work for us. Athens our family is split up, they haven't been there so doing panaromic athens and then plakka in p.m. we are doing the Athens and Cape Sounion (if you have something interesting booked there we could look at it with you. Santorini we are doing the village of Oia then in the p.m. will wonder around the town Fira that is right there! For Dubronvnik our group is split some doing the panoramic one and my husband cousin and her husband are doing the 4x4. Venice i have booked just for my Dad and i the panoramic boat cruise, and my husand is going to take our family on a walking tour! For Venice it is all right there, and it is about walking to the highlights and taking water taxes, we will do gondala as well but not through the ship! That we can negotiate on our own.

Are you spending time in Barcelona first? They apparently have great hop on hop off buses which we will use there!

Where are you flying from?

Talk to you later!

Bye for now,,,Kris
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Welcome Newcomer

We plan to do the hop-on-hop-off in Barcelona as well. We have not booked any tours yet but have listed our name with the one recommened to us with a note that we are looking for company on certain tours. We are really hoping to find a full day Pisa/Florence tour including the galleries, a tour to Nice, Eze, and Monte Carlo and whatever else we can squeeze in of the French Riviera, a full day Rome tour without the Vatican City as we have already seen that, and a tour of Santorini that goes to the Blue Grottos and then up to the Villages at the top. In Athens we were hoping to see as much as possible with some time to explore the Plaka as well. In Venice we would just like to take an afternoon walking tour the day we arrive.
Old March 10th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancruiser
We plan to do the hop-on-hop-off in Barcelona as well. We have not booked any tours yet but have listed our name with the one recommened to us with a note that we are looking for company on certain tours. We are really hoping to find a full day Pisa/Florence tour including the galleries, a tour to Nice, Eze, and Monte Carlo and whatever else we can squeeze in of the French Riviera, a full day Rome tour without the Vatican City as we have already seen that, and a tour of Santorini that goes to the Blue Grottos and then up to the Villages at the top. In Athens we were hoping to see as much as possible with some time to explore the Plaka as well. In Venice we would just like to take an afternoon walking tour the day we arrive.
Well it sounds like you know what you want, we are the same trying to pack a lot into a day!

Venice you could just get off the ship with a map and walk for hours, i love Venice and it is in a compact area, good plan there.

I hope you find tour buddies with your interests!