CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   The Celebrity Difference? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/348712-celebrity-difference.html)

ncstate7991 March 18th, 2008 09:15 PM

The Celebrity Difference?

I have been on several Carnival and RC cruises. In fact, I just organized a group cruise of 20 people and the group decided that our next cruise needed to be a little nicer. So, my question to you guys is what differences we would see on Celebrity as opposed to a RC or Carnival cruise? Is it worth the price difference? How does cabin size compare? Do you get credit toward Crown & Anchor?

Okay that is a lot of questions ... good luck answering those and providing other information you feel would help. Thank you in advance!!

Kuki March 19th, 2008 12:07 PM

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...are-012108.cfm

Above is a link to an article I wrote recently comparing Carnival and Celebrity. Think it might help answer some of your questions.

ncstate7991 March 20th, 2008 03:57 PM

Kuki,

Thanks for reminding me about that article. I read it before when it was toward the top of the page. It was a really good read and brought up many good points. It is funny that you did bring up TV. It seemed like the three times I wanted to watch TV on the Valor all that was on was Denver news ... haha.

Anyone else out there have opinions? The cost difference is there, but better service and a more elegant design is important to some in our group.

Thanks again!

Manuel March 20th, 2008 07:30 PM

Each person has different tastes, but for my wife and I Celebrity is the way to go. You have to experience the Celebrity touches to appreciate them. I have been on Celebrity 7 times and twice on Carnival, and I certainly recommend Celebrity.

TM

Cruze Lover March 21st, 2008 01:24 PM

I agree with the comment on "Celebrity touches." We will be embarking on our 3rd Celebrity cruise this summer and cannot wait. Our last 2 cruises were with RCL and NCL and after those experiences I am even happier to be returning to Celebrity for their "touches." Here are just a few examples/comparisions; bathrobes in all staterooms regardless of category, exemplary service, the best food at sea/fantastic dining experience, menu options, cold washclothes at the gangway upon embarkment from your shore excursions, discreet cabin stewards, attentions to food presentation, sushi in the evenings, onboard enrichment lectures.
Celebrity and HAL as a whole are much more refined all the way around.
Everyone looks for something differen when cruising and it depends on what is important to you. We are in our 30s and LOVE the refined elegance and wonderful dining of Celebrity. IMO, any cruise is better than no cruise, but given the option, Celebrity is our first choice.

Enjoy your cruise and share your Celebrity experience with us, the loyal Celebrity fans! :)

Manuel March 21st, 2008 01:38 PM

Cruze lover I agree with you 100%

TM

Cruze Lover March 22nd, 2008 06:14 PM

TM, I think you and I would cruise along together just fine! :)

Manuel March 22nd, 2008 09:05 PM

Cruze Lover I'm sure we would cruise together just fine,because we enjoy the finer things in life.

TM

Kamloops Cruiser March 22nd, 2008 10:05 PM

Re: The Celebrity Difference?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncstate7991
I have been on several Carnival and RC cruises. In fact, I just organized a group cruise of 20 people and the group decided that our next cruise needed to be a little nicer. So, my question to you guys is what differences we would see on Celebrity as opposed to a RC or Carnival cruise? Is it worth the price difference? How does cabin size compare? Do you get credit toward Crown & Anchor?

Okay that is a lot of questions ... good luck answering those and providing other information you feel would help. Thank you in advance!!

You should maybe consider HAL about the same price Celebrity.
I don't know the age of the group , that can make a difference.

tennisbum March 22nd, 2008 10:34 PM

Before I pass final judgement I will submit a detailed cruise review on our49 day cruise arround South America on the brand new Carnival Splendor and this will be a comparison to both Holland and Celebrity where we have over 100 days of cruising

Nurse Debra March 25th, 2008 09:15 PM

Re: The Celebrity Difference?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncstate7991

Just as another suggestion, you might also want to consider cruising on Princess as a step up from RC. Princess has a much newer fleet of ships, when compared to Celebrity, and Princess ships have been very reliable and offer what I feel is by far the best overall cruising experience of any of the mass market cruise lines.

Debra

Anne Campbell March 28th, 2008 09:27 AM

Celebrity is much classier........

The food and service is better and the staterooms, while not as large as Carnival's, are superbly designed. It's a much more sophisticated cruise experience than either RCI or Carnival.

fireba11 March 28th, 2008 12:24 PM

can't get any better

I was just on the Carnival Valor in February and I can't imagine a cruise being any better then that! The food was just the best and the service excellent!

cookie1207 March 28th, 2008 01:25 PM

celebrity

Dining room service is just better and more refined on Celebrity than RCI or Carnival.

NY Cruisin Mama April 1st, 2008 01:13 AM

WE have done Costa, Princess and Celebrity - I would go with Celebrity
(Millinnium class) in a heartbeat. The AquaSpa is the most wonderful
spot - the service was great - very accommodating dining room staff
and the overall cleanliness was constant (always someone cleaning and
overseeing the use of the hand sanitizers and wash basins in the restrooms.). Now, if I can just find a Celebrity ship that goes around
the Cape and South America along with Rio - my day will be made. :D :D :D :D

Dannyboy July 3rd, 2008 05:55 PM

Cabins are 194 sq ft with veranda's that open/connect.

> Below you will find all the amenities received for booking
> an AquaClass stateroom. A brand new class of staterooms on
> Celebrity Solstice, AquaClass brings a tranquil, relaxing
> atmosphere into your stateroom, while providing unlimited
> access to many of the AquaSpa amenities.
>
>
> AquaClass Indulgences:
>
> Welcome champagne LOL
> Daily fruit selection
> Fresh-cut flowers
> Daily hors d'oeuvres
> Unlimited access to the AquaSpa relaxation room and the
> Persian Garden
> Complimentary daily bottled water and iced tea
> Special programming and wellness classes
> Menu of pillows-Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic
> Duvets and pillow-top mattresses
> Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote
> bag, Frette bathrobes
> Hansgrohe showerhead
> VIP invitations to events
> Early embarkation and debarkation
> Dining and seating preference
> Preference on shore excursions
> Express luggage delivery
> Shoeshine service
> Extra hand held dryer
> Priority Check- in
> 100% Egyptian-cotton oversized bath towels
> Complimentary shoeshine service
> An expanded room-service breakfast menu
> Complimentary use of golf umbrella and high-quality
> binoculars
> Specialty Restaurant, Blu pre assigned seating. :arrow: No Surcharge.
> Spa Concierge
> Plush Aqua Class Frette Robe and Slippers
> Enhanced personal care products :oops:
> Lighting, sound, and aromatic elements to bring the
> soothing power of the sea into your stateroom oasis.

shandryl July 17th, 2008 12:38 AM

I have been on a few different cruise lines. I really liked Celebrity!!

Carnaval Victory - 2003
RC Legend of the Seas - 2005
RC Empress of the Seas - 2006
Celebrity - Summit - 2007
RC Freedom of the Seas - 2008
Crown Princess - 2008

HappyJan July 17th, 2008 06:12 PM

Dear Celebrity Forum CruiseMates:

Pheelgood and I are eagerly awaiting our first experience with Celebrity on the Solstice in November 2008.

We have been cruising since 1983 and have cruised on NCL, Carnival (3), American Hawaii Cruises, The Big Red Boat, RCI (3) and Princess (2) ships. Each voyage was special and served a particular vacation purpose.

Our favorite diningroom experience was on the Grandeur of the Seas (RCI) in 2000. Dinner was an enjoyable event for us and our pre-teen children all due to the fabulous waiter. He also didn't clutter the table with extra plates when we ordered multiple entrees and desserts. (We were so spoiled by his service that we had a let-down the following year on the Grand Princess.)

In Feb 2008 aboard the Carnival Liberty, the food was outstanding, especially in Emile's multi-roomed buffet. We continue to rave about the food from our most recent cruise.

We felt more pampered on Princess and RCI than other cruise lines. We have very high expectations for Celebrity after reading all of your comments and praise.

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Sincerely,