Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Familiar Face

Default What is the status of celebrity's golf program?

I took several Celebrity cruises to Bermuda & the Caribbean about 4-5 years ago & they had a wonderful golf program with an onboard golf pro & golf excursions available in most ports. Now i don't seem to find any mention of a golf program! Is there still one available? It will make the difference as to whether I book a cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2008, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What is the status of celebrity's golf program?

johnnyjumpstart,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I took several Celebrity cruises to Bermuda & the Caribbean about 4-5 years ago & they had a wonderful golf program with an onboard golf pro & golf excursions available in most ports. Now i don't seem to find any mention of a golf program! Is there still one available? It will make the difference as to whether I book a cruise.
Yes, the golf program is still operating, staffed by a cadre of golf pros. Celebrity offers the golf program on cruises to the Caribbean and to the Mexican Riviera. I'm not sure about cruises through the Panama Canal and to Hawai'i. IIRC, you won't find it on cruises to Europe or Alaska.

Norm.
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Familiar Face

Thanx norm!
Old April 1st, 2008, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I sailed the Celeb Constellation this past Dec. , and was looking to book golf in Aurba through the ship.

I was unfortunately disappointed as there was no program. I didn't see it in shore excursions, so inquired of Elite Golf - the co. which operated the golf program. They told me they had ended their relationship with Celebrity.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Kuki,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I sailed the Celeb Constellation this past Dec. , and was looking to book golf in Aurba through the ship.

I was unfortunately disappointed as there was no program. I didn't see it in shore excursions, so inquired of Elite Golf - the co. which operated the golf program. They told me they had ended their relationship with Celebrity.
Argh -- and no press release announcing a change!

Is there any indication that Celebrity is either moving this in house or shifting the program to another contractor, as they have recently done with their computer centers and their photo shop?

Norm.
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Familiar Face

Thanx for the update on the loss of golf. I'm a big Celebrity fan & the lack of golf would definitely lead me to try another line.