Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Passenger

Default Silly Alaska Entertainment Question

I love the Caribbean/Bermuda itineraries, great weather, fun caribbean music and entertainment, etc...... We are doing Alaska Inside Passage in June on Mercury. Is there an Island Night (my personal favorite)? What are the theme nights? Is the entertainment and music geared towards Alaska/Pacific Northwest?

I know this silly in the grand scheme of cruising, just wondering.
We are SO looking forward to returning to the Celebrity Experience!

Also, can anyone tell me more about the onboard naturalist and enrichment lectures (another of my favorite Celebrity features)?
Norwegian Crown Bermuda 9-07
Royal Caribbean Splendour Of The Seas Mexico
3-07
Celebrity Horizon Bermuda 9-05
Holland America Zuiderdam Caribbean 9-04
Celebrity Galaxy Caribbean 5-03
Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress Caribbean 12-98
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2008, 12:22 AM
First Mate

Not so silly. We will be on the Mercury for the first Alaskan in July so anxious to hear some responses.
Old April 12th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Silly Alaska Entertainment Question

Cruze Lover,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I love the Caribbean/Bermuda itineraries, great weather, fun caribbean music and entertainment, etc...... We are doing Alaska Inside Passage in June on Mercury. Is there an Island Night (my personal favorite)? What are the theme nights? Is the entertainment and music geared towards Alaska/Pacific Northwest?

I know this silly in the grand scheme of cruising, just wondering.
We are SO looking forward to returning to the Celebrity Experience!
Cruises to Alaska usually do not have a deck party, primarily because the environment -- especially the weather -- is not conducive for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Also, can anyone tell me more about the onboard naturalist and enrichment lectures (another of my favorite Celebrity features)?
Yes, they have a naturalist who gives lectures on subjects relevant to the destination. There may be another (completely unrelated) enrichment lecturer as well.

Norm.
Old April 13th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Not a Silly Question

We were on Celebrity's Infinity Inside Passage cruise in 2007, and we're doing the same destination again on Millennium this year. We don't recall any Alaska/Northwest themed entertainment. One of the theme nights was a 50's Sock Hop.

If you've never taken an Alaska cruise before, here are a couple of things you may not have considered:

There are less than 4 hours of nighttime in June. So if sleeping during daylight is a problem for you, you may want to bring some kind of eye shades or get an inside cabin. Don't forget your sunscreen as it's expensive and hard to find in Alaska. Take your binoculars. There's a lot of wildlife to be seen, and the ship's naturalist roams the decks to explain it all. He also gives nature-oriented lectures before each port of call. Check the daily schedule.

We also bring a yellow pen to highlight our favorite activities on the daily schedule.