Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Beginner

Default Infinity – Alaskan cruise Aug ‘08

We are going on an Alaskan cruise in August of this year.
It is on Celebrity’s ship the Infinity and is a seven day roundtrip sailing out of Seattle.

Because we are new cruisers, I have a number of questions.

Which night(s) do they serve lobster? We don’t want to eat in the specialty restaurant (SS United States) any night they would be serving lobster in the main dining room.

Is the extra charge of $30 worth it to eat in the specialty restaurant?

Which nights are casual, semi-formal and formal?

We are staying in a sky suite (stateroom #6099). Is there anyone who has stayed in that stateroom and if so, what can you tell me about it? Pros, cons, etc?

About what time should be plan on being at the port to check-in and board?

What other good information / advice can you share regarding either the Infinity, the cruise, etc?
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Infinity – Alaskan cruise Aug ‘08

anewcruiser,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
It is on Celebrity’s ship the Infinity and is a seven day roundtrip sailing out of Seattle.

Which night(s) do they serve lobster? We don’t want to eat in the specialty restaurant (SS United States) any night they would be serving lobster in the main dining room.
Lobster is usually served on the last "formal" evening, which is the next to last evening of the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I would do it for a special occasion or if I'm travelling with somebody -- including a teenager -- who had never experienced that kind of venue. Remember that the price of the ultra-fancy meal is not $30 per person. Rather, it's $30 per person in addition to what you have already paid for the meal that you are not eating in the main dining room. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
The "formal" evenings are usually the second evening (Captain's "Welcome Aboard!") and the next to last evening (Captain's Farewell). I understand that Celebrity is dropping "informal" evenings for cruises beginning on or after 01 August 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
As soon as possible after 11:00 AM. The buffet, and probably the poolside grill, will be open for lunch when you board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
What other good information / advice can you share regarding either the Infinity, the cruise, etc?
She's a great ship!

For shore excursions, be sure to take a ride on the White Pass & Yukon Route when the ship is in Skagway!

Relax, and have a wonderful cruise!

Norm.
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Captain

Default Re: Infinity – Alaskan cruise Aug ‘08

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewcruiser

We are staying in a sky suite (stateroom #6099). Is there anyone who has stayed in that stateroom and if so, what can you tell me about it? Pros, cons, etc?

Hi anewcruiser:

I have sailed Celebrity, Princess and HAL and the food and service on Celebrity is as good as any of the other lines that I have sailed. I do like the layout of the Infinity and the show room is really very nice. One word of caution is that the Infinity does have a very poor record, compared to the ships of all other cruise lines when it comes to reliability.
Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Infinity

We sailed on the Infinity last year June roundtrip Alaska from Vancouver. loved it! Previous to that we sailed on 2 Carnival Cruises.....for me, the way Carnival have theres decorated was a big wow! factor especially when you board the atrium....Infinity didnt quite do that for me...but in saying that the decor was nice and found the service to be a notch above Carnival. We dined in the SS United States Restaurant once and it was woth it.....but the main dineing room was very nice also.