Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Personal attacks are a violation of our Terms of Service agreement.

You can discuss the TOPIC of the thread , and chose to debate whatever side of the issue you like, but personal comments about those views are NOT allowed. Those types of exchanges are of little use to anyone, and this site is about supplying useful information!
Thanks Kuki: I could not agree more. There are sites, such as the dark side, where personal attacks are allowed and sometimes even tacitly encouraged, but the thing that most of us enjoy about this site is that everyone can present facts and not have to worry personal attacks.

Cruisemates is a place where people can read useful information and then make up their own mind about what is important to them. Debating facts with facts is a good thing; anything else is a waste of everyone's time.

Thanks for keeping cruisemates a great place to post about ones experiences without the fear of harrasment.

I hope, after reading your post, that Channah will let us all know what the result of his/her efforts to get some valid explanations from Celebrity.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old August 12th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Beginner

jimmyD- Sorry we were away for a week taking the kids out before school starts back up. The cabin number is 9128.

As far as seeing the pictures before, I have posted them on other web sites, such as cruise-chat. And they are in my Sony digital camera. Other than that I promise you haven't seen them unless you stayed in cabin 9128.

The room attendant did change the pillowcase and shower curtain, and no whatever he sprayed did not kill the mold. We asked to change rooms (even tho we were with a group) and were told the ship was full. They did come fix the air conditioning unit. All these notable conditions were photographed because this is how the room was presented to us. I was amazed that so many issues could be wrong and gone unnoticed.

I did get the crew members name, as well as the security officers name, and everyone else we dealt with, and reported that to Celebrity in my letter. We attempted to handle the situation with my son the MOMENT it occurred but were lied to. Then we attempted to handle the situation with security the MOMENT they finally arrived, but to no avail.

In my letter I did express the outcome we wanted to see and I thought given the cirrcumstances were very fair. We to this day other than the $100.00 voucher have not heard from Celebrity nor can I get anyone to call me back. I have been very honest in my posts and have told you what Celebrity did do ($100.00) I even posted pictures as verification and now you are going to say I'm making the pictures up. (Or they're not mine because you've seen them elsewhere) Give me a break!

NurseDeb- Thank you for your comments. Honestly, I was suprised that people would try and "attack" my character. I posted this thread to inform people of my experience and my frustration. So I appreciate you acknowledgement of my experience.

Make your own decisions as far as what cruise line you want to sail with but don't post that I am not telling the truth or the whole story. I could very easily stoop to a battle of sarcasm but choose not to because that was NEVER my intent.
Old August 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by channah
jimmyD- Sorry we were away for a week taking the kids out before school starts back up. The cabin number is 9128.
Thanks! I'm on the same deck and same side, but toward the front. I'll check it out. Come back in December.
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

This thread has gone so far off topic! It's degenerated into an arguement about things that have nothing to do with the original topic or cruising.

Our boards are for useful exchanges of information about cruising. You can discuss the various views any way you like, but now everyone is muddying the water about what's allowed, what's not, etc. And none of it has any relevance. It's time to lock this thread.

Debate is handled in a mature manner, otherwise it's just an arguement, and that is of no benefit to any of the members.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Closed Thread