Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Beginner

Default Private tour guide recommendations please..

Can anyone recommend a private tour guide for Sicily (Messina)- Italy, Athens (Piraeus)- Greece, Mykonos-Greece, Rhodes-Greece, Santorini-Greece, Naples/Capri-Italy.

We're taking 10 day Mediterranean cruse on the Galaxy in August and would like to take private tours as opposed to tours provided by the ship.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Passenger

Here's a few you can try. I kept a notebook of all the research I did when I went. I swear, I thought I had more. If you do need more, let me know and I'll look.

Santorini - www.santorinidaytour.com

Naples/Capri - www.allarounditaly.net
www.drivemalfi.com
www.aptours.it
www.sorrentolimo.com
www.francescomarrapese.com
www.sorrentolimo.com

Athens - www.athens-tours.gr
www.athenstaxi.net w/Spiros
www.athenstaxi.org w/Paul

Scicily - (email) info@sicilylife.com

Rhodes - www.lindosuntours.gr
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
Beginner

Default private tours

I am also taking the Galaxy tour but later in October. I am very interested in what you research about tours.
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Passenger

What would you like to know?

I started by reading reviews on the companys, siting specific drivers and then reading some reviews on them, after that it really came down to cost. I haven't come across bad reviews, but after reading the reviews I had a sense of which driver's personality would fit with my family.

For example: Fabrizio with allarounditaly is very funny and engaging. Michele with revelation tours in villefranche, is very talkative - he will talk 8 hrs straight, but very informative and very good with what he does. Some people would rather not have someone who talks the whole time, we didn't mind, in fact it was great. Nikos w/Santoriniday tours brings his camera and takes pictures of your family all day and hands you a CD at the end. Marcello with seesorento is very good but he's very antishopping and hates the tourist traps. He wants to show you the Italy of an insider. You will just need to be clear with what you want to do and he will accomodate, if it means shopping, he'll take you shopping.

In Florence we didn't use a guide but chose a driver....www.tuscanybytaxi.com since I had a good feel of what I wanted to see and do.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:28 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Private tour guide recommendations please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inna
Can anyone recommend a private tour guide for Sicily (Messina)- Italy, Athens (Piraeus)- Greece, Mykonos-Greece, Rhodes-Greece, Santorini-Greece, Naples/Capri-Italy.

We're taking 10 day Mediterranean cruse on the Galaxy in August and would like to take private tours as opposed to tours provided by the ship.

Thank you.
I can reccomend only for Athens : www.athensprivatetours.gr

Read the private tours in his site and feel free to ask him anything.

Fotis will find you for Greece the other taxi drivers for Mykonos, Santorini , and Rhodes he is trustworthy person.