Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Passenger

Default Summit.... Captains Night ?

Hello All

I did the Galaxy in March this year and was surprised that on ,The Captains Night" the guest worn't greeted by the normal line up with the ship's photographer taking your photo while shaking the Captains hand. Is this not done on Celebrity Cruises, or am i being old fashioned?

I remmember my first cruise many years ago, i was over the moon to meet the Captain, could'nt get in the queue quicker enough, not to mention the pickie on the fire place for the next year when i got home!!!!!

This Aug 27th im cruising the med for the first time on the Summit and im taking two new cruises with us who have never sailed before, and was hoping they would come away with that special pickie for the mantal piece

Regards May
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to Vianna&Alex~Aus

Hi I am a first time cruise,
My partner and I will be cruising on the Summit
from Venice on the 27th August.

My parents said that you do get to met and have a photo with the
captain too. Maybe thats not the case on this one. Hmmm
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Passenger

Hello V&A Thanks for the reply

Nice to know were not alone on the summit, I hope your mum is right and you do get to meet the captain, but it didnt happen on the Galaxy Im sure like yourself and my friends who are joining us on this cruise would love to meet the Captain.

But don't worry if it dos'nt happen, Celebrity do look after you well.

Hope to see you on board

Regards May
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Summit.... Captains Night ?

May,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hello All

I did the Galaxy in March this year and was surprised that on ,The Captains Night" the guest worn't greeted by the normal line up with the ship's photographer taking your photo while shaking the Captains hand. Is this not done on Celebrity Cruises, or am i being old fashioned?

I remmember my first cruise many years ago, i was over the moon to meet the Captain, could'nt get in the queue quicker enough, not to mention the pickie on the fire place for the next year when i got home!!!!!

This Aug 27th im cruising the med for the first time on the Summit and im taking two new cruises with us who have never sailed before, and was hoping they would come away with that special pickie for the mantal piece
On the large ships that most cruise lines are building now, it simply is not practical to have a traditional receiving line at events for the whole ship. Now, they often have a receiving line and take photographs at the Captain's Club Cocktail Party for repeat passengers. If you want such a photo, you'll just have to take a second cruise with the line.

Norm.
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Passenger

Hello Norm

This is my third cruise with celebrity so i will try and make the party

Thanks
Old July 31st, 2008, 06:01 PM
Admiral

May,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
This is my third cruise with celebrity so i will try and make the party

Thanks
There could be one additional complication. I think that Celebrity still requires passengrs to register for the Captain's Club by filling out a membership form, even though the line dropped the enrollment fee a few years ago. If you are not registered, you might not get invited to the party. I think that you can register on line now if you have taken at least one cruise with Celebrity in the past.

Norm.