Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Beginner

Default Celebrity - wine onboard

I read that you can bring two bottles of wine on board during the initial embarkation process. Has anyone brought wine on board during the cruise, successfully?
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Vino

You can bring two bottles onboard upon embarkation only.
Celebrity at first charged $7.50 per bottle, now $25.00 per bottle.
PS anything you drink in your cabin, just keep secured.
Otherwise, $25 per bottle to uncork the double mags.............. in the dining room will be charged.

I suggest you purchase 3-litre bottles, Regular bottles are 750 ML each and a 3-litre bottle is four times that size, called a double magnum.

Cheers
Danny
Old September 4th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Beginner

Danny,

Thanks for your response, however between 7 AM EST today and now, your message got filtered. You asked what port, now no longer there. I have one more question. Please contact me at whitejn@comcast.net.

Thanks
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Beginner

Default Yes.. well...

Not sure how or why, but we bought a bottle of wine at one of our ports of call. We surrendered it but they delivered it to our room that night with a note saying that it was not normal practice, but they would allow us to have it just this once.. Possibly because we were in concierge class, or they ran out of storage space.
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Beginner

We generally bring on two or three bottles of wine and several diet sodas when boarding (Diet Dr Pepper is not usually available onboard). No one has ever said a word. While we have seen others that were asked to surrender liquor and wine brought onboard during the cruise, again, no one has ever questioned us about it. No guarantees that you will have the same experience, but we have never had a problem on Celebrity or Azamara.

DavidA23
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Re: Celebrity - wine onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahrose
I read that you can bring two bottles of wine on board during the initial embarkation process. Has anyone brought wine on board during the cruise, successfully?

On Celebrity Cruises, with the exception of embarkation day, when Guests are permitted to bring on board with them two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee), per stateroom, guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other purpose. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding).
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Familiar Face

We were on an excursion last January & purchased a bottle of Grand Marnier. It was in my bag with my beach towels & stuff. It went through the scanner & no one took it. I thought they might, but they didn't. I think they just want to stop the ones bringing in booze to last throughout the cruise. Not those that have one bottle to enjoy at night in their cabin.
Of course, you never know.

Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
Passenger

We're just back from 10 nights on Celebrity Galaxy and took our two 75cl bottles aboard at the beginning of the cruise - it never occurred to us to buy bigger bottles!

We were aware that others were buying bottles in ports and simply putting them in their bags, which were scanned but no notice was taken of them. I'd guess it depends on the member of staff viewing the scanner, so is a bit of a lottery. Of course, if they do confiscate your booze, you're left with the bottles at the end of the cruise, which is fine if you're travelling home overland, but not so if you're flying.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Passenger

Default juices on the celebrity

does anybody know what kind of juices are included as part of the celebrity cruise.? i want to drink vodka and cranberry juice. i will be bringing vodka on board and i need to know if i will also have to bring cranberry juice. also will i be able to bring the juice as a carry on and not in my suitcase like my vodka.
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Vino

Danny,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
You can bring two bottles onboard upon embarkation only.
Celebrity at first charged $7.50 per bottle, now $25.00 per bottle.
PS anything you drink in your cabin, just keep secured.
Otherwise, $25 per bottle to uncork the double mags.............. in the dining room will be charged.

I suggest you purchase 3-litre bottles, Regular bottles are 750 ML each and a 3-litre bottle is four times that size, called a double magnum.
Just to be precise, the corkage fee applies only if you bring the wine to the dining room. If you open it yourself and drink it in your cabin, there's no corkage fee.

I should mention that there are some decent wines priced below the corkage fee on the wine list of the main dining rooms. You can get a a very nice French red, Beaujolais Villages, for about $22 per bottle, for example.

Norm.
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Celebrity - wine onboard

Dannyboy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
On Celebrity Cruises, with the exception of embarkation day, when Guests are permitted to bring on board with them two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee), per stateroom, guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other purpose. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding).
That is indeed the stated policy. Nonetheless, I have purchased alcoholic beverages to bring home while on shore excursions on several cruises since that policy took effect, and have yet to have it taken from me when I returned to the ship.

Alcoholic beverages purchased in "duty free" shops, either ashore or aboard ship, however, gets delivered directly to the ship and stored until the last day when it's delivered to your cabin so you can pack it for the trip home.

Norm.
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: juices on the celebrity

BECKYSOAP,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
does anybody know what kind of juices are included as part of the celebrity cruise.? i want to drink vodka and cranberry juice. i will be bringing vodka on board and i need to know if i will also have to bring cranberry juice. also will i be able to bring the juice as a carry on and not in my suitcase like my vodka.
First, note that Celebrity's policy does NOT allow you to bring hard liquor onboad. It specifically states that you may bring up to two bottles of wine, and only wine, per cabin.

Second, the usual array of breakfaast juices are "included" during breakfast and brunch hours in the ship's restaurants. At all other times and places, juices are "bar" beverages for which there's a separate charge ($2.25 per glass plus 15% gratuity IIRC).

I don't know whether the "soda sticker" ($5.00 + 15% gratuity per remaining cruise day for unlimited fountain sodas for the duration of the cruise) includes juices or not, but that would be a good question to ask if you drink a lot of juice.

Norm.
Old December 25th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel

Any liquor you want to bring on board at embarkation, put it in checked luggage. If you are flying and bringing it with you then you have to do it that way anyhow. Just pad it well and zip loc bag it for protection.
I wrap with bubble wrap, zip loc and then bubble wrap again.
Any liquor you buy in a local port put it well packed and hidden in your bags that are coming on board with you from your port stop. They will see the bottles in the bags and may or may not pull you over.
Less chance of pulling you over if it is crowded.
Just don't come on board with the liquor showing so that you make them take it, because other passengers are watching.