Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Beginner

Default Are robes and slippers provided on Celebrity?

My husband and I are booked in a Royal Suite for a cruise to Europe. Do any of you know if Celebrity provides robes and slippers in the Staterooms? Also, at the risk of sounding ignorant, will you be kind enough to share with me what we may ask the Butler for?

Thank you in advance.

Chloe by the sea
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Robes are provided in all staterooms - thick terry in concierge class and above, waffle weave in all others. I know that slippers are not provided in regular cabins or verandahs.
So your suite will have robes for sure.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Beginner

Thanks so much for your reply.

Is anyone able to tell me about the butler service? We've never had one before...
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Bulter service

Royal Suite,
How cool is that, especially for Europe.

Your Bulter is at your complete service, every detail during your entire cruise can be taken care of through your butler.
He/she will arrange everything from dining, spa, tours and other activities during your entire cruise. Your butler will take care of any special request (Legal) for personal needs and set into motion all arrangements.
This will include shore excursions and activities on the ship.

Your butler will arrange fine dining in your Suite and if you want to entertain other guest, your butler will direct formal invites with RSVP to there Staterooms with time & date.

You can request to dine at the Captains table, in most cases, your request can be fulfilled on a limited basis, if you make arrangements upon embarkation.
Your butler has the ability to obtain what others can not on a cruise, if you tip well, they will accomplish most every reasonable request.

Your butler is a very good resorce for port information and places to visit or dine, even if your not on a scheduled tour with the cruise line.
May I suggest that purchasing tours from the ship will be very competitive, taking into concideration the exchange rate of the Euro dollar.

Remember, Most Europeans don't dine until 8 PM and another custom is most Banks and Small Business close during the day from 3 pm to 5 pm.

Getting back to your butler.
They know most of the local places off the beaten path.
Your butler will be a great sourse of information including and not limited to WiFI Cafe's, Bars, local restaurants that serve authentic cusine, etc.
One of the added cost that some visitors are not aware of is a VAT Tax, (Value Added Tax) charged to visitors on purchases of most (clothes/shoes) and consumer goods made in Italy, you must meet certin requirements to retrive a portion of the VAT tax back through customs.

Five star hotels also charge a occupancy tax of 26% for all guest in Italy and simular rates in other Western Europens Countries.

Also, Some local restaurants serve wine from barrels, these wines do not age well because there exposed to air and they do not contain sulfates.
They are wonderful to drink, they drink out of small glass golbets, you will find that young teens will be enjoying these wines during there meals. can you just imagine

Remember, the Euro Dollar is approximately 40% greater value then the US dollar, you will find Itilan products at Nordstrom and other retailers at nearly 50% lower cost then the Designer's shops at the Ports of Call.

Cheers

Royal Suite,

Come raffreddare è che, soprattutto per l'Europa.

Il tuo Bulter è a servizio completo, ogni dettaglio durante l'intero crociera può essere curato attraverso il vostro maggiordomo.
Egli organizzare tutto da sala da pranzo, spa, tour e altre attivit* durante l'intera crociera. Il tuo maggiordomo si prender* cura di qualsiasi richiesta speciale (legali) per esigenze personali e impostare in moto tutti i regimi.
Questo comprender* escursioni e le attivit* riguardanti la nave.

Il tuo maggiordomo organizzer* una cucina raffinata nella vostra Suite e se si vuole intrattenere altri clienti, il vostro maggiordomo si invita formale diretto con la tua risposta a vi Staterooms con il tempo e data.

Si può chiedere di cenare presso i Capitani tabella, nella maggior parte dei casi, la richiesta può essere soddisfatta su base limitata, se si prende disposizioni all'imbarco.
Il tuo maggiordomo ha la capacit* di ottenere ciò che altri non possono in crociera, se si punta anche, essi realizzare la maggior parte ogni ragionevole richiesta.

Il tuo maggiordomo è un ottimo resorce porto per informazioni e luoghi da visitare o cenare, anche se il tuo non di linea su una tournée con la crociera di linea.
Mi permetto di suggerire che l'acquisto di giri dalla nave sar* molto competitiva, tenendo concideration il tasso di cambio dell'euro dollaro.

Ricorda, La maggior parte degli europei non cenare fino a 8 PM e un altro è personalizzato la maggior parte delle banche e Small Business stretta durante il giorno da 3 pm alle 5 pm.

Ritorno al vostro maggiordomo.
Sanno la maggior parte dei locali posti Itinerario insolito.
Il tuo maggiordomo sar* un grande sourse di informazioni, anche e non solo, WiFi's Cafe, Bar, ristoranti locali che servono autentica cucina, ecc
Uno dei costi aggiunto che alcuni visitatori non sono a conoscenza di un regime IVA, (imposta sul valore aggiunto) a carico dei visitatori sugli acquisti di più (abbigliamento / calzature) e dei beni di consumo made in Italy, è necessario soddisfare requisiti certin a retrive una porzione dell'IVA imposta indietro attraverso le dogane.

Alberghi a cinque stelle anche pagare una tassa di occupazione del 26% per tutti i clienti in Italia e in simular tassi in altri Paesi occidentali Europens.

Inoltre, alcuni ristoranti locali servire il vino da barili, questi vini non et* e perché esposta all'aria e non contengono solfati.
Essi sono meravigliosi da bere, bevono di vetro di piccole golbets, troverete che i giovani ragazzi saranno godendo questi vini durante i pasti vi. si può solo immaginare

Ricordate, l'Euro Dollaro è di circa il 40% quindi una maggiore valore del dollaro statunitense, troverete Itilan prodotti a Nordstrom e altri rivenditori al dettaglio a circa il 50% più basso costo quindi il Designer's negozi a porti di scalo.

Salute
Old September 16th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Beginner

Wow! Thanks so much for the detailed response!!!

I'm actually going to cut and paste your response and E-mail it to hubby at work.

In regard to the tours, to make sure I understand what you're saying, it is better to take the tours the ship offers, right?

I know Europe is very expensive right now. We've both been before (just not on a cruise), so we're not looking to buy much which is a good thing. Hubby is in need of some R&R and I figured this was the best way to get him to do it.

Thanks again for your help.
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloebythesea
Wow! Thanks so much for the detailed response!!!

I'm actually going to cut and paste your response and E-mail it to hubby at work.

In regard to the tours, to make sure I understand what you're saying, it is better to take the tours the ship offers, right?

I know Europe is very expensive right now. We've both been before (just not on a cruise), so we're not looking to buy much which is a good thing. Hubby is in need of some R&R and I figured this was the best way to get him to do it.

Thanks again for your help.

The Butler takes care of your needs however remember you will also have a room steward/stewardess who takes care of the room. There are seperate tips for each so be aware of that when dealing with your expenses.

Much of what Danny said is true however in reality the Butlers don't always provide all those services. Like anything else it depends on how good your particular Butler does his job. I don't mean to diminish what was said but be prepared if everything is not provided to you. Being in a Royal Suite will probably get you one of the better butlers.

Don
Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

We found that in Italy, France and Turkey, booking private excursions was the way to go. We got recommendations from the ports of call boards on the various cruise message boards and contacted the highly recommended guides for quotes. We also got together with other cruisers from the roll calls for our cruise who wanted to see the same things we did, and joined up to book our own excursions at a much lower price than the cruiseline. And because we were a smaller group of just 8, we were actually able to see more as we didn't have to wait for those one or two people on the ship's tour that seem to think that meeting times are not meant for them. And our excursions were tailored for us - no stopping at that rug factory or pottery shop unless we wanted to. Also, as a smaller excursion, we were able to have lunch in a "local" spot instead of the banquet type meal that the ship's excursions do.
Just a word of caution, we do not book private excursions when we have a short time in port and the private excursion time would be cutting it close. We only book private excursions when we know that we have an hour or more extra time (from the length of the excursion) in port in case of traffic or problems.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Beginner

Thank you both Don and "day" for your responses.

Hopefully, we'll have a great Butler to add to the experience. If not, we'll be okay--we've operated all our lives without a Butler thus far...lol

Thanks again!

Chloe