Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to gsarnow
Default Solstice Dining

I have been reading the literature regarding the special dining rooms on the Solstice and I wandered if anyone knows if you will have to pay for all of them. It looks like Celebrity is offering much more shopping opportunities and special dining options so that more money can be made during the cruise. The so-called "all inclusive" days seem to be over.
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:21 AM
First Mate

Here is what the restaurants will cost:

Tuscan Grille $25
Murano $30
Silk Harvest $20

As long as people are willing to pay more for food, the cruise lines will continue to add restaurants.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Beginner

Default I saw it on cruisesonly.com

I saw it broken down on cruisesonly.com but can't seem to access their site tonight to pull it up for you. If I can get it tommorrow, I'll post it here.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't mind the cruiselines adding more options for alternative dining. It keeps the basic cost of the cruise lower and passengers may choose the specialty experience if desired.

If things didn't change, we would still have assigned times for breakfast and lunch and not open seating in the diningroom, which I enjoy, and the wonderful buffets.

I am looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise so much!

__/7__/7__/7__
\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celebrity Solstice
November 30, 2008
Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyJan
I don't mind the cruiselines adding more options for alternative dining. It keeps the basic cost of the cruise lower and passengers may choose the specialty experience if desired.

If things didn't change, we would still have assigned times for breakfast and lunch and not open seating in the diningroom, which I enjoy, and the wonderful buffets.

I am looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise so much!

__/7__/7__/7__
\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celebrity Solstice
November 30, 2008
Jan:

Perhaps I misunderstood your post but on Celebrity there is not open seating in the dining room and they do not have a buffet for dinner, just breakfast and lunch.

Enjoy your cruise.

Don
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Familiar Face

[b][i]All Celebrity ships I have been on have had open seating in the dining room for breakfast & lunch. Did this recently change ?

Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsimp
[b][i]All Celebrity ships I have been on have had open seating in the dining room for breakfast & lunch. Did this recently change ?
They have open seating for Lunch and Breakfast but assigned for dinner. That was a mistake in my earlier post, I did not elaborate enough.

Don
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don:

I may not have written my thoughts clearly enough in the earlier post. I was trying to illustrate how change can be a good thing.

For example, on our first cruise, aboard the NCL Starward in 1983, we had "early seating." This meant we had assigned times for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room. Though the time changed daily with our port schedule, we had to eat breakfast around 6-6:30am each morning. Some mornings it felt earlier than others! During the day, there was limited food available in other areas of the ship -- nothing even close to the bountiful buffets offered today.

We are now accustomed to a relaxed open-seating breakfast and lunch in the dining room, where we enjoy meeting new people every day if we wish.

We like tradition, too. Formal nights and dressing nicely for dinner is part of the cruise experience we also enjoy.