Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Beginner

Default Casual dining on Mercury?

My husband and I recently took a cruise on Celebrity and my husband liked it so much we booked another cruise this afternoon on Mercury.

What we found during our first cruise is that we were very active in exploring the different ports that when we came back to the ship, we preferred to grab something from the casual dining options...

If you've cruised on Mercury, will you please share with me what the casual dining options are?

Thank you so much for your help!

Chloe
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Casual dining on Mercury?

Chloe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
My husband and I recently took a cruise on Celebrity and my husband liked it so much we booked another cruise this afternoon on Mercury.

What we found during our first cruise is that we were very active in exploring the different ports that when we came back to the ship, we preferred to grab something from the casual dining options...

If you've cruised on Mercury, will you please share with me what the casual dining options are?

The "casual dining" options are pretty much the same aboard all Celebrity ships.

>> 1. There's "Alternative Casual Dining" with full table service and menus that are different from those of the main dining room in a section of the buffet restaurant, for a surcharge of $2.00 per passenger per evening.

>> 2. There's a sushi bar in the buffet restaurant, typically open from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM.

>> 3. There's a pizza bar and a pasta bar in the buffet restaurant that are open from noon until 10:00 PM. (Aboard MV Galaxy and MV Mercury, these are in the area of the Magrodome labelled as a "grill" in the deck plans that's immediately aft of the buffet area.)

>> 4. The dinner menus of the main dining room are available through Room Service for in-cabin dining during the dinner hours of the main dining room. In suites, the butler sets the table, serves the meal in courses as in the main dining room, and clears the table.

If your plan is to avoid dressing for the "formal" evenings, however, you should be aware that Celebrity offers very few alternatives for "casual" entertainment. There's usually a musician either on the open deck aft of the buffet restaurant or in the aft part of the buffet restaurant (or in the Magrodome aboard MV Galaxy and MV Mercury). And there's also the television in your cabin.

Norm.
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Beginner

Thank you for your response, Norm. We will bring our formal wear as we did on our previous cruise. The itinerary for our cruise on Mercury won't be nearly as active as our last trip so we will most likely particpate in formal night.

Thank you again,
Chloe
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Casual dining on Mercury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17
Chloe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You

The "casual dining" options are pretty much the same aboard all Celebrity ships.

>> 1. There's "Alternative Casual Dining" with full table service and menus that are different from those of the main dining room in a section of the buffet restaurant, for a surcharge of $2.00 per passenger per evening.

>> 2. There's a sushi bar in the buffet restaurant, typically open from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM.

>> 3. There's a pizza bar and a pasta bar in the buffet restaurant that are open from noon until 10:00 PM. (Aboard MV Galaxy and MV Mercury, these are in the area of the Magrodome labelled as a "grill" in the deck plans that's immediately aft of the buffet area.)

>> 4. The dinner menus of the main dining room are available through Room Service for in-cabin dining during the dinner hours of the main dining room. In suites, the butler sets the table, serves the meal in courses as in the main dining room, and clears the table.

If your plan is to avoid dressing for the "formal" evenings, however, you should be aware that Celebrity offers very few alternatives for "casual" entertainment. There's usually a musician either on the open deck aft of the buffet restaurant or in the aft part of the buffet restaurant (or in the Magrodome aboard MV Galaxy and MV Mercury). And there's also the television in your cabin.

Norm.
According to their web site, Celebrity no longer requires that you remain formal for the rest of the ship on formal nights and those who do casual are requested to dress smart casual for the rest ofthe ship on formal nights. Some cruisers have returned saying there may be discrepancies to this on the dailies.