Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Beginner

Default how long does it take to get off

when we dock back in san juan at 7am how long does it take to go through customs and immigration. trying to book airfare and want to give me some time but no too much time
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: how long does it take to get off

warthog999,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
when we dock back in san juan at 7am how long does it take to go through customs and immigration. trying to book airfare and want to give me some time but no too much time
The only sound advice is to have your travel agent call the cruise line and ask the line's representative for the earliest permitted flight time out of your port of departure, then stick to it. In most ports of disembarkation, it will be no earlier than noon.

The time when you actually will get off the ship is totally unpredictable because it depends entirely upon the whims of the customs and immigration inspectors. I have sometimes been off the ship before 7:00 AM and sometimes seen passengers still leaving the ship at noon due to immigration snags.

The time of "arrival" at the port of disembarkation in the published itinerary actually is the approximate time when the ship expects to begin the process of immigration inspection. On most cruises, the ship actually arrives several hours earlier and has the baggage completely unloaded by that time so the terminal workers spread it out for pick-up on disembarkation.

Norm.
Old December 4th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: how long does it take to get off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17
warthog999,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
The only sound advice is to have your travel agent call the cruise line and ask the line's representative for the earliest permitted flight time out of your port of departure, then stick to it. In most ports of disembarkation, it will be no earlier than noon.

The time when you actually will get off the ship is totally unpredictable because it depends entirely upon the whims of the customs and immigration inspectors. I have sometimes been off the ship before 7:00 AM and sometimes seen passengers still leaving the ship at noon due to immigration snags.

The time of "arrival" at the port of disembarkation in the published itinerary actually is the approximate time when the ship expects to begin the process of immigration inspection. On most cruises, the ship actually arrives several hours earlier and has the baggage completely unloaded by that time so the terminal workers spread it out for pick-up on disembarkation.

Norm.
Norm gives excellent advice and another point to consider is the time you will spend at the airport if a lot of cruise ships are in arriving on that day. The lines at the FLL airport can be horrendous getting through security when several ships debark passengers.

Don
Old December 13th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Imagine what the weekends will be like in Lauderdale, when the the genesis twins come back into port...oh my!

Once when we waited to board the Mercury,we had to wait quite a while, till the ship cleared customs. I can bet there were people scrambling to get to their flights, or to have to change them. That said, I have flown home around 11:00/11:30. but 12:00 is surely a safer time.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator