Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Passenger

Default Celebrity vs HAL??

We are second time cruisers, hoping to do a New Years eve cruise of the Caribbean Dec '09. We've been on Celebrity in October '05 on our first cruise on the Millenium. LOVED IT. Did the CC upgrade and ate twice in the specialty restaurant. We're early 50's but consider ourselves younger at heart. We love good food, excellent service and fine wines.

I hear that Celebrity has dropped it's standards since we've been 'on board'. That concerns me.
How is the Summit as far as wear and tear these days?

We're looking at the Summit a year from now doing the Caribbean / Bahamas 7 days vs the HAL Eurodam 7 day Southern Caribbean. Both are on our list so the ports of call will be mostly ports unseen or visited prior.

Any words of wisdom Summit vs Eurodam? We also want to have some dancing fun on New Years eve but when we were on our Millenium cruise the dance floor was all but abandoned almost every night. That may not make for such a great New Years party.

Thanks in advance for all your comments.

MD
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have nothing against Summit, but I have just been on Eurodam and it is a wonderful ship. Summit is about 6 years old now while Eurodam is brand new.

There are more dining options on Eurodam and the public rooms are wonderful. The cabins are bigger as well.

Now, I did just return from the brand new Celebrity Solstice and I would say the food is excellent - especially in the special dining rooms. But that is Celebrity's newest ship, the first in 6 years.

Eurodam is HAL's newest ship and has everything HAL has ever built into a ship.

Old December 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Passenger

Hey Paul -

Thanks for the info. Eurodam sounds wonderful. When we last sailed on the Millenium in '05 we had a CC veranda cabin midships and loved the amenities etc of the CC cabin. We also ate at the optional restaurant twice on our 7 day cruise ... and loved the food.

How would you say the service is on the Eurodam vs Celebrity?

Does the Eurodam have anything like the CC cabin upgrades that Celbrity has? We really like the extra little touches.

Thanks,
Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
Beginner

The customer service on Eurodam is a way better compared with Celebrity. My Eurodam cruise in October 2008 was wonderful!

I sailed with Celebrity Century, and described my experiences on this forum. I don't believe Summit is much better, as you can see from the e-mail that I received from the Celebrity Corporate Guest Relationship.
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Passenger

Default Summit

MarkieMark44

Just did the Summit Jan. 17th sailing.

I was somewhat dissappointed in the overall condition of the
ship. Really needs some TLC. Specifically the exterior wood
railing all over the ship needs stripped and re-finished.
Main dining room food was average, not what I expected.
Normandie dining room was fantastic though.
Summit was good, but not great.

On the flip-side, service was excellent!

KennyG
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Passenger

I would have to disagree with AlexCruise. I think that the customer service on Celebrity is far superior. If there is one area that Celebrity excels it is in the customer service and the experience they provide. My family only travels on Celebrity because of the service and food on the ships. I have sailed several times on HAL. They have made improvements since the Signature of Excellence revamps but they are still not up to par with Celebrity. That being said it depends on what time of person you are. If you are looking for a relaxed country club atmosphere where all of your needs are antcipated and catered to you then Celebrity is the line for you.