Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Default shore excusions in cozumel

does anybody have any ideas on the celebrity excusions in cozumel. what is the best and what is the most fun, without spending a ton of money. i don't think i will do the dolphin. what about the beaches. any help would be great. i am leaving in a month.
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: shore excusions in cozumel

BECKYSOAP,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
does anybody have any ideas on the celebrity excusions in cozumel. what is the best and what is the most fun, without spending a ton of money. i don't think i will do the dolphin. what about the beaches. any help would be great. i am leaving in a month.
Actually, the excursion to Tulum -- which really does consume a full day -- is well worth its price. I don't want to say too much and spoil the surprise, but you'll be amazed by the sophistication of the ancient Mayan people. And if you have children in your party, they will really enjoy it -- and it's very educatonal, too! The price of this shore excursion includes (1) round trip ferry from San Miguel de Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, (2) round trip motorcoach between the ferry slip at Playa del Carmen and the archeological park at Tulum, (3) admission to the archeological park, (4) box lunch, and (5) services of your guide for the whole day. It really is a very good value.

Be sure to take a liter bottle of water for each member of your party, and to drink from it frequently while touring the ruins to prevent dehydration. It usually is very warm there.

Norm.
Old December 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Familiar Face

We always go to Playa Mia Beach. It's really nice there. You can get a cab & do it on your own as well. You can just pay the admission or get one of the packages that includes drinks and / or food. We take the drink package because we drink alot & stay there for several hours. We will usually just get something light to eat at the restaurant.
They have a lot of things to do there & the beach is very nice.

Old December 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Passenger

rev22, does the tulum tour take more than 6 hr. my ship is docked from 11;30 to 8;00. it sounds neat, i have to see if any of my fellow cruises would be interested. thanks for the info
Old December 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The Mayan Ruins in Tulum are outstanding. But frankly, not a pleasure to get to from a stop in Cozumel. You spend more time on the tender to the mainland from and to Cozumel, and the buses back and forth from the site, than you do at Tulum itself.

Cozumel is one of the easiest islands to do on your own. Taxi fares to any of a number of beaches is set fair and CHEAP. Or a rental vehicle to check the island on your own is easy, as there's only one main road that goes around the entire small island. Tons of time to stop at beaches along the way, as it only takes about 1 1/2 hrs to get all the way around the island by vehicle.
Old December 19th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Admiral

BECKYSOAP,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
rev22, does the tulum tour take more than 6 hr. my ship is docked from 11;30 to 8;00. it sounds neat, i have to see if any of my fellow cruises would be interested. thanks for the info
Actually, some ships stop in Playa del Carmen en route to or from Cozumel to drop off or to pick up passengers on the shore excursion to Tulum. Based on your time of arrival, a stop to drop off passengers going to Tulum seems likely. If your ship offers that excursion, the arrangements will be fine.

I do NOT recommend attempting to go to Tulum on your own. If the shore excursion gets delayed in traffic and misses the ferry, the ship will either wait for it or make other arrangements to get the affected passengers back on board at no additional expense. If you go go to Tulum on your own and you miss the ferry, you'll pay plenty for air fare or other transportation to next port of call and for lodging and meals until you do so.

Norm.
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:02 PM
Beginner

I visited Cozumel about 5 years ago. I was not cruising, but vacationing in Cancun. We traveled to Cozumel and wondered what to do. We had beach and snorkel gear. Our family decided to rent an open air Jeep and to tour the island. We had a great time. We stopped along the way at a nice beach, did some snorkeling, found a place for lunch and just had lots of fun. There wasn't much traffic and getting around was easy. This might be an idea for you.
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:53 PM
Passenger

We went to Cozumel 2 years ago. We rented a jeep and toured the island ourselves. The highlights were the Mayan ruins, cinco sole (if you want great inexpensive souveniers), lunch at Pancho's Backyard and drive along the east, wilder coast (no electric....all generators)to Coconuts and the cool places along that coast. It was a blast!