Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Captain

Default Perks for Royal Caribbean's Diamond member/??

We just booked a quickie 4 night cruise on Century. We are
Diamond on RCI and now get equal status on Celebrity.

What is the difference in perks between Celebrity's Elite and
RCI's Diamond. No concierge lounge, right?

We're looking to being back on Celebrity again after almost
4 years.
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Familiar Face

Celebrity does not have a private lounge for it's Captain's Club Members.

We are Elite and there really aren't very many "perks". You get some coupons for discounts on things (nothing free) and you get two parties. The Captain's Club party and the Senior Officer's Cocktail party (which on our last two cruises was held at 11:30 AM - who wants to drink at 11:30 in the morning?). You get a small box of Cova Cafe Chocolates in your Stateroom and one long stem Red Rose in a vase.

We are thinking of taking an RCCL cruise out of NJ in April. What do Diamond Members get for perks? I heard a rumor that they are doing away with the Conceirge Lounge for Diamond Members.

Thanks
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Captain

Cruising Chick:

On RCI Diamond members get almost the same as you're descriving, i.e.
a discount coupon book, a gift to the cabin such as tote bag, RCI cap, etc.,usually a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, priority embrkation and debarkation with lounge to wait in...but the BEST is the CC lounge.
Say it isn't so....that they're doing away with it. We meet people there, plus the actual concierge staff member and they all have their good points, from being entertaining, just plain friendly and excellent service, etc.

Oh yes, the lounge is open 24/7, but is only staffed for awhile in the morning and then the cocktail time in the early evening. But they also get you tender tickets, ice show tickets., speciality dining reservations, etc....We have to come to love and appreciate the lounge and the
concierge.
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Familiar Face

Here's the link (I hope they let me post it):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=913392

So I'm not sure if there's anything to it.

We originally had to PAY to join the Captain's Club. Now it's free and of course if you are Elite you can become Diamond on RCCL and on RCCL if you are Diamond you can become Elite on Celebrity. Therefore, there are so many passengers on each cruise that are members that they can't afford to give anything worthwhile as perks. I have written to Celebrity regarding my disappointment in the Captain's Club perks and they have acknowledged it. But I don't know if anything will change.