Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
First Mate

Default On Board Credits

We are sailing on Connie this Friday. When we booked with the TA, as part of the booking, we are to get pre-paid gratuities as well as additional on board credits.

I called Celebrity today, and they do not show either of these on our booking.

I plan to call the TA tomorrow, but in the meantime, does anyone have any advice or such along these lines? When typically should the credits appear?

I may just be overly nervous, but on our last cruise on AOS, it took a couple of days, (while at sea !), and the help of a wonderful RCCL employee at the concierge desk, to straighten things out and get the OBC on our account. I just don't want to go through that again.

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
Admiral

In your correspondence with the TA, did they put that in writing?

On our last cruise on Princess, there were cards in the room for two bottles of wine from our TA. I did not know anything about it until I got to the cabin. It did not show up on my booking details with Princess.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:15 PM
First Mate

I did get it in writing on the invoice which was marked paid in full.

Sid1962
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Take a copy of the invoice with you. However the OBC doesn't usually show until day 2 or 3. Gratuities on Celebrity don't usually start showing until about the same time.

I wouldn't worry about it right away. As long as you have a copy of your invoice with you and if it doesn't show up, you can talk to the concierge about it.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:07 AM
First Mate

Felix,

Thanks for the feedback. As I recall from some of your other posts, you are a TA if I'm not mistaken. I am going to call our TA anyway, but your comments do make me feel a little better about it. Now I need to find something else to fret about......just kidding....

4 more days and a wake up........

Sid1962
Old April 13th, 2009, 01:53 PM
First Mate

Just a follow up now that the cruise is complete - and we had a marvelous time !

The credits were there the day after we sailed. All the worry was for naught.

However, there was a slight bump in the road when I was informed by the bursar's office on board that the pre-paid gratuities were only for 7 days, not 10. Took a day to straighten out. What was more interesting was that they told me (before I was able to contact my TA and get things corrected) that I would have to make up the difference via cash or credit card; I was told I could not use OBC's. I'm not sure this is valid, but didn't press it as it was corrected quickly. Any comments about this?

Sid1962