Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Beginner

Default Questions on millenium honeymoon cruise

Hi All

First time posted and first time cruiser!!

My Fiancee and I are looking to book the 10 day alaskan cruise on the millenium cruise ship for our honeymoon. We are "restricted" to the millenium as its the only available ship still doing the alaskan cruise after our wedding date in Sept .

It looks a great ship but after reading a few posts here I have a simple question re the dress code :

How strict is the dress code ? Do you have to wear formal attire to dinner each night and whats the stort with other meals.

We are by no means slobs and do possess "formal " clothes but i dont really fancy carrying suits ,dresses, formal shoes, etc etc all the way from ireland and having to do formal dress each night .

Other than that I gather the ship is in dry dock but I assume it will be ready for sept and a lot of reports sound very positive .

any other things we first time cruisers and land loving honeymooners should know??!!

Thanks

IT
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

On a 10 day cruise you can expect 3 formal nights in general.
Yes Celebrity is rather strict about it.
No shorts or t-shirts during dinertime etc. During breakfast and lunch it is o.k. Also jeans at diner isnot appreciated.
But apart from the diningroom you can have diner at the pastabuffet and sushi bar, no dress code. Also at the buffetarea diner is served (reservations required and $ 2.- pp servicecharge). I think dresscode isnot that strict in that area too.
Old April 21st, 2009, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Questions on millenium honeymoon cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtraveller
Hi All

First time posted and first time cruiser!!

My Fiancee and I are looking to book the 10 day alaskan cruise on the millenium cruise ship for our honeymoon. We are "restricted" to the millenium as its the only available ship still doing the alaskan cruise after our wedding date in Sept .

It looks a great ship but after reading a few posts here I have a simple question re the dress code :

How strict is the dress code ? Do you have to wear formal attire to dinner each night and whats the stort with other meals.

We are by no means slobs and do possess "formal " clothes but i dont really fancy carrying suits ,dresses, formal shoes, etc etc all the way from ireland and having to do formal dress each night .

Other than that I gather the ship is in dry dock but I assume it will be ready for sept and a lot of reports sound very positive .

any other things we first time cruisers and land loving honeymooners should know??!!

Thanks

IT
Celebrity is more formal than other lines however you do not have to do the formal nights if you so desire. As the previous poster suggested you have other options such as the casual dining in the buffet area. This is not a buffet but is a regular meal off a menu served by waiters. It is not the same menu as served in the dining room. There are other options in this area such as pasta bar, pizza, grill and sushi. With all that being said, you would be missing a nice dining room experience in the main dining room on formal nights as they tend to be a bit better than the other nights.

Also, the regular dining room menu is available from room service during regular dining room hours.

Another option for you husband is to rent a tux if he wishes. I can't speak for the dressier outfits that woman will wear but you do not need formal gowns or anything like that.

Men can wear a suit on the formal nights and a nice pair of pants and a shirt with a collar on the other nights. This would also be appropriate throughout the ship on all nights including the formal nights.

Here's a link to the Celebrity website re: dress codes.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/befo...me=faq_answers

Don
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Beginner

Thanks for all the advice , greatly appreciated

Not as bad as I thought, I had visions of having to wear a tux every night !

Having looked at the ships website we cannot wait for the honeymoon!!

IT
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Irishtraveller,

First, welcome to CruiseMates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You

That was what I suspected when I read your first post.

The information that others have posted is basically accurate, with the additional caveat that the evening dress is generally expected, at least by the overwhelming majority of passengers even if the cruise line does not enforce it, at the shows and in most of the lounges as well as in the dining room. Thus, if you elect not to dress for the "formal" evenings, you might find that your entertainment options are pretty limited unless you don't mind stares of other passengers who are "dressed up" considerably more than you.

And, as Don mentioned, the "formal" evenings are the evenings when the ship really pulls out all the stops, featuring the best cuisine of the cruise in the dining room and the best production shows of the cruise in the theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Best wishes for a great honeymoon that hopefully won't be your last cruise and for a fantastic marriage that will endure for many, many years!

Norm.
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Beginner

Hi all

Many thanks again for all your replies.

On Saturday We booked our 10 day honeymoon cruise on the Millenium this Sept and

WE CANNOT WAIT !!

IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17
Irishtraveller,

First, welcome to CruiseMates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You

That was what I suspected when I read your first post.

The information that others have posted is basically accurate, with the additional caveat that the evening dress is generally expected, at least by the overwhelming majority of passengers even if the cruise line does not enforce it, at the shows and in most of the lounges as well as in the dining room. Thus, if you elect not to dress for the "formal" evenings, you might find that your entertainment options are pretty limited unless you don't mind stares of other passengers who are "dressed up" considerably more than you.

And, as Don mentioned, the "formal" evenings are the evenings when the ship really pulls out all the stops, featuring the best cuisine of the cruise in the dining room and the best production shows of the cruise in the theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Best wishes for a great honeymoon that hopefully won't be your last cruise and for a fantastic marriage that will endure for many, many years!

Norm.