CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Sky Deck Infinity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/365061-sky-deck-infinity.html)

awsmpa June 4th, 2009 03:08 AM

Sky Deck Infinity

Just booked Panama Cruise online, talked into concierge class on Sky Deck, but now see that it is under the pool and garden area. #9041. Does anyone have info about noise from overhead? Would the Vista or Promenade decks be better? :?:

Sid1962 June 4th, 2009 07:12 AM

We were in cabin 9032 on the Constellation in March. Never heard a thing.

Sid1962

awsmpa June 4th, 2009 01:47 PM

Infinity sky deck, concierge class

Thanks for reply. I have read some reviews saying concierge class not worth the extra cost. Any opinions out there? I am paying extra $300 pp for 13 day cruise over regular verandah cabin.

Sid1962 June 4th, 2009 04:54 PM

We ve never stayed in a CC class cabin. I am told they are slightly larger, and you do get hors deouvres (sp?) everyday.

We have however stayed twice in a deluxe 2A cabin, once on Summit and again on Constellation. Both were 10 day cruises. We will be there a third time on Infinity in October which is a trans canal and is 14 days. We had enough room each time.

If we were to stay in another cabin type, we woiuld bite the bullet and try for a suite. I would not spend the extra for CC class.

As a suggestion, why not post a new topic here called CC vs. non CC or something like that. You will get plenty of feedback.

As far as any noise from the pool deck, as I said, we did not hear any. We are early risers, and 9032 (we have the same cabin on Infinity) is opposite the elevators, and there really is nothing above it on the pool deck. This business about hearing carts rolling and chairs scraping I think is overplayed. But then others may have something else to say.

Sid1962

awsmpa June 4th, 2009 09:42 PM

cc vs verandah

Thanks, Sid, I posted a new topic. Good idea.

CruisingChick June 5th, 2009 12:55 PM

We stayed in 9051 and thought it was a great location. It's forward under the Spa area and hardly any noise.

awsmpa June 5th, 2009 02:14 PM

thanks CruisingChick

Did you feel the concierge upgrade was worthwhile? Did you have water temp problems as I've read in other reviews?

Triton June 25th, 2009 05:14 PM

Re: Sky Deck Infinity

Quote:

Originally Posted by awsmpa
Just booked Panama Cruise online, talked into concierge class on Sky Deck, but now see that it is under the pool and garden area. #9041. Does anyone have info about noise from overhead? Would the Vista or Promenade decks be better? :?:

Awsmpa:

We now only stay on deck 9. IMO the best CC cabins on this deck are 9043 and 9038. These are directly below the entrance to / from the Aqua Spa. These also have the largest verandas for CC. What I like is you have a gorgeous view forward and aft, better I think than the other cabins. The veranda juts out, giving you that extra room. The veranda can also accommodate two loungers, along with your two chairs and table.

We really don't hear anything. If you are still booked for 9041 I would think it would be very quiet. That is directly under the Aqua Spa / Thallossotherapy area and most don't get into the swing of things in there until around 7:30 or 8 AM. You may hear a chair scooting, but we very seldom do.

Spender Nui February 11th, 2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton (Post 1228984)
Awsmpa:

We now only stay on deck 9. IMO the best CC cabins on this deck are 9043 and 9038. These are directly below the entrance to / from the Aqua Spa. These also have the largest verandas for CC. What I like is you have a gorgeous view forward and aft, better I think than the other cabins. The veranda juts out, giving you that extra room. The veranda can also accommodate two loungers, along with your two chairs and table.

We really don't hear anything. If you are still booked for 9041 I would think it would be very quiet. That is directly under the Aqua Spa / Thallossotherapy area and most don't get into the swing of things in there until around 7:30 or 8 AM. You may hear a chair scooting, but we very seldom do.

Are they furnished with two loungers two chairs and table or is this a special request? Would anyone have pictures?

frogfuzz September 2nd, 2010 10:38 PM

for the people that did the canal, was there anything to see from the balcony? We are booking soon and were curious if you were just looking at the wall or if you get any views from your balcony without going on top deck?

The Cabins you mentioned Triton are booked, but will file info away for futher.

thanks appreciate any Infinity info.

richsea September 3rd, 2010 12:24 PM

In checking the deck plans for Infinity, it appears to me that stateroom 9041 is NOT a CC room, but a 2B room, & therefore smaller that a CC room. It is also not under the pool. Perhaps you meant 9141? We've stayed on Sky deck under the pool, & did hear some noise in the AM, but not enough to bother us.
At any rate, on M class ships the CC class rooms are 191 sq. ft. as apposed to 170sg. ft. IMO, for a total of $300, it's worth it considering the extra size of the room. It's not much, but it makes a difference. Also, the perks are nice, & you get an upgraded tote bag to keep. We have found that the canape's are pretty lame, but you can tell your attendant to substitute cheese, crackers, & grapes, which taste much better.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

P.S. Hi Triton, nice to see you back!

jacdenv24 September 3rd, 2010 04:38 PM

I wish Triton really was back. Unfortunately, that last post of his was more than a year ago.

richsea September 3rd, 2010 05:02 PM

OMG!! I didn't realize that his post was from 2009!!! In fact I didn't realize that this entire thread was so old! I do agree that it would be nice if Triton returned. Now I am bummed out! It's a shame that one poster can ruin it for so many with her tirades, which thankfully, have diminished of late , but I'm not naming names, because that's not allowed!

However, I still say that cabin 9041 is not a CC cabin, but a 2B. I wonder how the OP made out?