Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Beginner

Default Post cruise advice

I would appreciate advice on the following scenario. We will be arriving at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro CA on 10/10 at 7:00AM aboard the Celebrity Millennium. We're considering a 11:30AM flight from LAX. Is this advisable or is it "cutting it too close"? Also, any advice on the Super Shuttle or other transportation to get to LAX??

Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I would say 11;30 IS A FINE TIME.

Be sure to be off the ship early, but on a weekend day (I assume it is?) the traffic should be light to LAX which actually is not too far from the pier (30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic).

Most ships can have you off by 8:00 and that is plenty of time to get to the airport. Also, be sure to cvheck in online the night before you arrive in the ship's Internet cafe.
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Captain

Default Re: Post cruise advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrum48
I would appreciate advice on the following scenario. We will be arriving at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro CA on 10/10 at 7:00AM aboard the Celebrity Millennium. We're considering a 11:30AM flight from LAX. Is this advisable or is it "cutting it too close"? Also, any advice on the Super Shuttle or other transportation to get to LAX??

Thanks much!
IMHO, you are cutting it very close. 11:30am would be too close for my comfort level. You probably could make the flight but if anything goes wrong you may be out of luck. A lot may depend on how many ships are arriving in San Pedro at the same time as your ship.

We will be returning to Los Angles this fall on Princess and they advised us not to book a return flight until after 2:00pm. It is a break that you are getting back on a Saturday and that will improve your chances to make your flight. You might want to check with Celebrity and check into transportation offered to the airport by Celebrity.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Captain

We did the reverse a few years ago, from LAX to San Pedro, using the ships's transfer bus. The traffic was awful, but I want to say we made it to the pier within 1-hour...and the traffic was a parking lot.

Celebrity is really good at allowing pax off early for early flight times. We've never not missed a flight, but have pushed the envelope. If you arrive at 7, hopefully you'll be cleared to disembark the ship by 8. Just make sure you're in the first group, if at all possible.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Post cruise advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrum48
Also, any advice on the Super Shuttle or other transportation to get to LAX??

Thanks much!
There will be a super shuttle representative available outside the terminal at the pier to help arrange for your transportation.. you can also pre book by calling super shuttle toll free (800-258-3826) .. personally i feel you should be fine.. This is Los Angeles ...traffic can change at any time.. just keep that in mind.. the earlier the better..
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:14 AM
First Mate

One thing we found when sailing in/out of San Pedro...dense fog. We just _creeped_ into the harbor, maybe less than 5 knots. I don't think we were late, but we certainly were not docked until well after 7 AM. And for some reason, the traffic around the cruise terminal was, well, unruly would be a kind way to describe it. I see now why California invented road rage, and it wasn't even a road...