Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Concierge Class

It has been a couple of years since we sailed in concierge class just a couple of questions.. for those who may know..

does concierge still offer that wonderful turn down service at night with the bed side mats, shower/bathroom amenities and linen for the table during breakfast room service?

I sure hope so .. anyone?
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Default BED SIDE MATS

So, that's what they were..lol.. Thought it was thoughtful of our Room Steward to put what looked like large napkins on either side of the bed after turn downs...Shows you how un-in touch I am...
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: BED SIDE MATS

Thats funny...
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Default FUNNY

Can't remember that happening on our first CC Century...Guess I"ve just become a "bird brain" with their mentality.. Which guys isn't bad..I cook and clean for them and buy them all sorts of toys.. play music all day long...so maybe being a "bird brain" isnt that bad..
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Captain

Yes - CC all the way, here. Wouldn't cruise without it, lol.

Much nicer robes, too (and towels, etc). Turn down while you're at dinner with chocolate and the, "Celebrity Today" paper. Meals are served with a table cloth...wonderful on the veranda!

Bathroom amenities haven't changed...still the same Elemis Spa product, but excellent nonetheless.
Old August 18th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am so glad to hear that .. i am leading a small group that has a lot of new concierge guests for the first time.. i just didn't want to get their hope up..

thanks for the confirmation
Old August 20th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Admiral

I love concierge class. I allways book it when I sail on Celebrity.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old September 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Passenger

I just returned from a 7 night Hubbard Glacier Cruise. We stayed in 9038 concierge class. These are the things that were promised.
1. Early boarding and disembarking. I found that we were not given any different preference in boarding.
2. Room: yes we had a bottle of champagne welcoming us - it was good.
3. Nightly h'orderves - they were stale and were thrown out nightly.
4. Turn down service - nice
5. Robes - they were nice
6. Shower and bath room amenities - I didn't see there were any different that the other people not in Concierge Class.

All in all... if they knock off a couple of hundred dollars off my room or even $50... I could do without Concierge Class.

John and Linda from Eastern Oklahoma
Old September 15th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Captain

Hi John and Linda:

Interestingly, we'll be staying in 9038, next week! The Infinity is doing one more Hubbard Glacier for the season this week, then switches to the Panama Canal for our voyage.

I've never stayed in 9038 on the Infinity, but have on the Millennium and the Constellation. Love that bump out veranda...nice for watching the world go by.

Sorry to hear your canapes were stale! Have always enjoyed mine...truthfully, one could run down to the 4 o'clock Tea and bring back yummier alternatives! .

Hope you had a nice cruise!
Old September 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
First Mate

Triton,

Where is the tea you mentioned done?

About that time (4:00 PM) we are near to going back to the cabin to start getting ready for the evening, and I usually go to Cova for some decadent pastries. I imagine the tea might have some alternatives that we could do instead of the pastries....of course we will do pastries once or twice....or three or four times.....

My countdown counter gadget is telling me that it's 23 days until we leave for the airport, there to spend the evening until we are winged majestically south by SouthWest to Fort Lauderdale for a day and a half, eagerly awaiting 10/11, when we sail....but who'se counting?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Captain

Hi Sid1962:

Between the Oceanview Cafe and Oceanview Grill - where the breakfast buffet is. It's generally on one side and they have little sandwiches and little desserts. Double check your "Celebrity Today" but I believe it's at 3 or 4 PM.

Like you, we usually head up to the cabin to get ready for early dining...snag a couple of "morsels" to accompany our pre-dinner cocktails. They have more of a savory selection of small snack / sandwiches. Oh yes, we also snag a couple of desserts too for the late-night sweet tooth.

Whose counting the 9 days before we head to the airport (Southwest too) for an overnighter in Seattle before our 9.25 sail? Surely not me...

As promised, we'll be sure to leave the Infinity in tip-top shape for your arrival the day we disembark.
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Default YOUR CRUISES

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!! I'M so jealous.. took a day off from my retirement hobby....parrot sitting....RETIREMENT IS EXHAUSTING... and I need a c ruise...take me with you...
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
First Mate

Parrot Mom,

Take a deep breath; everything will be all right. You can go to Boston and go sculling on the Charles....or do a Duck Tour.....OK, not quite the same, but hey, it's on water !!!!

Old September 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Default NARRAGANSET HARBOR

Spent a few hours sipping white wine overlooking Narraganset Habor on a glorious fall/summer day... The sea/water does wonders to my soul..and lol talking about cruising with our friend,,
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM
First Mate

My wife says pretty much the same thing when we are in Ogunquit....either on Marginal Way, or in the evening sitting by the public beach.....and of course when she is aboard a ship.....what is it about water that does that to people....relaxes them I mean.....

We stopped at Scarbourough (sp?) Beach once in the Winter....absolutely beautiful.....and Ocean Drive in Newport is lovely as well.....totally off topic vis-a-vis what this thread was originally about, so I will cease, but it would be an interesting topic for a separate thread: What is it about being near water that relaxes people?

Old September 15th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Default WATER

Going to a beach or a pool at a resort... it take me 24 hours of stress leaving my body... I can phsically and mentally feel it...the sun and the ocean smell just washes over me.. and it's been that way siince I've been a child