Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Captain

Default Celebrity to Redeploy the Century

I just learned that the Century will be redeployed to the Mediterranean next year, which will replace many cruises out of Miami (during May through October 2010).

Celebrity is saying that there is a stronger demand for European itineraries, rather than the Caribbean; however, the Solstice is still scheduled to sail year-round Caribbean cruises.

It appears that the Century will continue as planned from now until next May, when it will kick off with a 14 day Transatlantic! (Will have to check that one out!).

Beginning in June, the Century will begin a series of 12-day, roundtrip Mediterranean cruises out of Barcelona, with diverse itineraries. Some ports of call include: Cannes, Monte Carlo, Nice and Provence on the French Riviera; Sicily, Salerno, Florence/Pisa, Rome and Venice in Italy; Ephesus, Turkey; Athens and Mykonos, Greece; and Dubrovnik and Split, Croatia. This is already shaping up to be promising!

=X= has stated that, "Pax with confirmed bookings on the Century’s short Caribbean sailings between May 20 and Nov. 4, 2010, can choose a re-accommodation on a seven-night cruise on the Solstice [same fare, etc.] if it's available."
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Celebrity to Redeploy the Century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton
Celebrity is saying that there is a stronger demand for European itineraries, rather than the Caribbean; however, the Solstice is still scheduled to sail year-round Caribbean cruises.
Great move more pax same itinerary more revenue..

and in my humble.... the century was made for the Mediterranean
Old August 25th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Admiral

This sonds like a great move on Celbrity's part. There is a lot tosee and do in the Meditterranean.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to DocJohnB

Am glad to hear this. We are booked on her T/A in November. Perhaps by then, they will have more definitive dates, itineraries, etc., and we can book while onboard.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Default Century

Well, at least there are a more varied selection of ports...The Century holds a special place for Parrot Pop and I...we celebrated a special anniversary on it.. when we stopped in Rome and went to Tuscany..it was 2005 and it was ut first but not last Celebrity cruise.. Since I'm all booked for the Equinox.. will check it out for another cruise.. Come along with us Triton... the best is yet to be....
Old August 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Familiar Face

Does anyone know prices yet for the May 20 departure?
Old August 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Captain

Aye Matey-

Celebrity does have the Transatlantic prices available for the May 20 kick off...pretty decent rates for veranda! Here ya go!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/sear...Submit222.y=11
Old August 27th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Default MIAMI TO BARCELONA

As much as I would like NOT go to in that direction the price is more than right..trans-atlantic.. Triton where does it go once it hits Barcelona.
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Captain

Default Re[eat

Parrot Mom:

Board in Miami
7 Days at Sea (woo-hoo!)
Ponte Delgada
Day at Sea
Lisbon
Seville
Malaga
Day at Sea
Barcelona

Beginning June 3 the Mediterrenean itineraries start...port intensive and yes, most costly.
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the reply. I checked it out with Celebrity. When you add air it is a little expensive when you realize that you have hardly any time in Europe.
Old August 29th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Default Time In Europe

The big difference is you would do a post-cruise in Barcelona...and air fare might be the damper, but all those wonderful days at sea and the ports.. On one of our cruises we were thrilled with discovering Lisbon.
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Time In Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
The big difference is you would do a post-cruise in Barcelona...and air fare might be the damper, but all those wonderful days at sea and the ports.. On one of our cruises we were thrilled with discovering Lisbon.
That's exactly it. I calculated an extra week in Barcelona and figured we can do 3 weeks in Europe. If we do just Europe, I can probably fly on points. I don't think I can use the kind of points I have to fly to Miami and home from Barcelona.

We will be cruising during the winter, so that will be enough cruising for now!
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Default EXTRA WEEK

WE TOO will be cruising in October 2010 on the Equinox...and since it's not a t/a it's a bit more $$ than we usually pay, but two of the ports are on our "bucket list"
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: EXTRA WEEK

Quote:
WE TOO will be cruising in October 2010 on the Equinox...and since it's not a t/a it's a bit more $$ than we usually pay, but two of the ports are on our "bucket list"
Bucket list. Love it! Which ports? Barcelona is on ours. But it will wait for another time. Provence has been on mine for years (we went once but didn't see enough). I think I would rather go there than take a TA cruise.
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to kelliekrop
Default Captain of the Century?

Do you by chance know who is currently the captain of the century?
We are leaving tomorrow for a two week trip starting in Amsterdam
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: EXTRA WEEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey
Quote:
Bucket list. Love it! Which ports? Barcelona is on ours. But it will wait for another time. Provence has been on mine for years (we went once but didn't see enough). I think I would rather go there than take a TA cruise.
The first "bucket list" was years ago for Parrot Pop when we went to Macchu Picchu.. 1986 I think...Mine was just this year.. a cruise down the Amazon...We have wanted to go to Israel but with the problems there Parrot Pop kept putting it off..now with his mobility problems and the Equinox going to Jerusalem and Haifa..we will go and cover as much as our senior bodies can handle. and more.. Don't get me wrong.. we spent many years doing land trips..a week in Cartegena, Colombia, Guanacosta, Costa Rica, Venezuela,..Porta La Cruiz and Margarita.. There have been places that have been disappointing, like Corsica... but the big surprise of these last cruises has been Lisbon...who knew..lol In our senior years.. we can say.."been there, done that"..and the memories..Cabo San Jose before everything was "se vende"...Cancun before a major, major storm about 30 years ago..and yet..we are going to Alexandria,Naples and Sicily next year..and in my bucket list... is Iceland.lol..
Old September 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Time In Europe

matey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
That's exactly it. I calculated an extra week in Barcelona and figured we can do 3 weeks in Europe.
Are you planning a cruise or a tour by cruise ship?

Yes, there is a difference! The "transatlantic" itinerary is a cruise....

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
If we do just Europe, I can probably fly on points. I don't think I can use the kind of points I have to fly to Miami and home from Barcelona.
If it's not a legal "open jaw" for your "points," you probably can use your "points" to fly home from Europe on a "one way" ticket. Flights to Miami, or at least to Fort Lauderdale, from most major airports here in the States are dirt cheap, so using "points" for that leg probably would not make sense anyway.

Norm.