CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Summit - Adjoining Cabin Noise? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/367393-summit-adjoining-cabin-noise.html)

GoingMaui August 25th, 2009 12:10 PM

Summit - Adjoining Cabin Noise?

We will be sailing on the Summit in October. Since we signed up late, there was not a lot of cabin selection left. We are staying in a Concierge Class cabin, but the only rooms available were on the Skye deck -- just below the Waterfall Cafe. We are concerned about the noise from above. (Another post mentioned chairs scraping the floor early in the morning.)

I just noticed that a cabin has now opened up on the Panorama Deck, but it is one that adjoins another cabin. I have stayed in hotels rooms with doors to adjoining rooms and been disturbed by conversations, or televisions from the other room, since the doors do not block sound as well as a solid wall. Has anyone had this experience with adjoining rooms on the ship? Which option will I have a better chance of peace, quiet, and privacy?

Celebrity says they put furniture in from of the connecting door when it is not being used, but depending on the furniture, that may or may not help.

Thanks for any replies.

Manuel August 25th, 2009 02:48 PM

I have sailed on the Summit twice and never heard noise from the adjoining cabins. I hope they did not hear any noise form my cabin. . :D

TM

pioner17 August 26th, 2009 09:07 AM

For what its worth, we stayed in 9177 (Sky deck CC) on the Connie, which is under the cafe there also. I didn't hear any noise from above and my wife commented that she heard a little noise on a few mornings. I'm a fairly light sleeper. Have also been in adjoining rooms on RCI and not had a real problem either

Triton August 27th, 2009 06:19 PM

Hi Going Maui - (love your screen name...I used to live in Wiehu and Wailuku!!).

For what it's worth, we had an adjoining cabin 2 years back. Our daughter and her cousin were next door...given the fact they were high school seniors (think noise factor, lol)...we didn't hear any noise, even with an adjoining room.

Another opinion...we always request the larger Concierge Class cabins with the bump out on the Sky Deck (cabin 9038 is amazing)...on all the M-class ships. This cabin is directly under the Aqua Spa Thallossotherapy solarium doors that connect to the Aqua Spa itself.

Chairs are usually arranged in the Spa area around 7-8 AM, but it never woke me up. Woke my other half up once, but it wasn't obnoxious at all...I think it must be more sound-proof than other ships? The reason I say that, last April we were in a Mini Suite on the Pacific Princess, and again were under the pool deck. My G-D it was awful!...scraping and scraping and noise...

I think you'll be fine where you are! Have a great cruise!! :D