Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo_Bost
Default Aqua Class on Stolstice????

We will definately be booking the Solstice May 2009. We MUST have a balcony, but is Aqua class worth the extra bucks? ($457 for two people)?

We enjoy the relaxation room and thallasatherepy pool (spelling!), but can't we purchase thier use by the day or cruise (OK, how much?)

Blu looks very nice but does this mean Blu will be our main dining venue? Will we still have a table reserved in the Main Dining Room?

Do we get any extra free classes from the Spa? (Spinning, Aerobics?)

The cabins look identical, perhaps with some nicer amenities?

Should we spring for Aquaclass? Jimbo
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Aqua Class on Stolstice????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo_Bost
We will definately be booking the Solstice May 2009. We MUST have a balcony, but is Aqua class worth the extra bucks? ($457 for two people)?

We enjoy the relaxation room and thallasatherepy pool (spelling!), but can't we purchase thier use by the day or cruise (OK, how much?)

Blu looks very nice but does this mean Blu will be our main dining venue? Will we still have a table reserved in the Main Dining Room?

Do we get any extra free classes from the Spa? (Spinning, Aerobics?)

The cabins look identical, perhaps with some nicer amenities?

Should we spring for Aquaclass? Jimbo
There is no thallasotherapy pool on Solstice but in addition to the relaxation room you do have unlimited access to the Persian Gardens. You also have an upgraded shower in your room. I upgraded to AQ for just over $400 for an Eastern Med cruise - 11 days - 2 people.
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Your designated dining room in Aqua class is Blu which is a much smaller venue than the MDR..

Don
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Captain

Jimbo:

I think it's fairly subjective, what some are willing to pay extra for...I would say, "Go for it!" whether Aqua Class or Concierge Class (I wouldn't sail without either) but that's my opinion and I enjoy a few extras...others don't think it's worth the extra money to spend.

Don is correct, Blu is your only option (other than buffet) or specialty restaurants. Blu is only for Aqua Class cruisers, but Suite passengers are permitted two (2) nights...that's it. Concierge Class or regular stateroom passengers may not dine in Blu.

No Thallossotherapy, but there is a solarium / covered pool area so the climate is controlled, which is nice.

You can purchase Persian Garden passes on board, (Note: if You are Elite class you will receive complimentary passes on Port days anyway). You can purchase by the day or for the cruise. Generally, if you book a cruise-long Persian Garden the day you board, it's a little cheaper. If you take a tour of the facility, they may give you a discount, we generally pay $200 for a 2-week cruise (about 100 each).