CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Equinox Aqua Class cabin selection (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/369300-equinox-aqua-class-cabin-selection.html)

Lawgeekca November 6th, 2009 12:34 PM

Equinox Aqua Class cabin selection

I am booking for a sailing next year and am perplexed as to which cabin to select. My first inclination is to go for the center of the ship or as close to there as possible. Unfortunately, it appears to me that there is a large overhang at the cabins that meet this criteria. I think the overhang may limit the view quite a bit.

I notice that the forward cabins do not seem to have this overhang. My concern in moving forward, however is the added movement of the ship. I have always found that center cabins equal less movement sensation.

I would appreciate any input from people who have sailed this ship or the Solstice to chime in with your thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you!

JPPhillips November 7th, 2009 09:33 PM

Hi, I am currently booked on the Solstice for the 30th of this month. I have booked a cabin close to the front.

I can say that I have sailed on several Celebrity ships all over the globe and have yet to experience any real problem with motion. On the Millenium class ships I usually book conceierge in the back of the hsip and still I have no problem with motion.

This may come into play if you hit rough seas like I did on the Horizon, but even then it was not bad.

I would say pick a cabin you really want and don't worry about the motion of the ocean, it really won't feel it much at all.

Parrot Mom November 7th, 2009 10:50 PM

CC Class-Equinox

We have booked for next year Sky 1243.. which seems to be a funky placed cabin..on an angle., It is mid ship...and next to suites I believe..Have no idea if it will be what I want..but it looks like a great location..

Manuel November 8th, 2009 11:12 AM

Parrot Mom, anywhere on a Celebrity ship is a great location.

TM

Parrot Mom November 8th, 2009 02:25 PM

ANY PLACE ON THE EQUINOX

Your so right..Manuel..I am so disorganized when it comes to this GEM cruise the end of this month.. can't find one suitcase..lol... I've promised Parrot Pop not to overpack again. considering the overage we paid both ways..Being retired is a hard job.. never have a "day off"...

Triton November 9th, 2009 12:57 PM

Once we had a Concierge Class cabin that was in-between two suites, and our service was amazing...not sure if it was because we were situated there, but I think our cabin attendent was one of the best we ever had.

Parrot Mom November 9th, 2009 01:43 PM

That is exactly why I booked that location..lol.. I'm not that dumb..

Lawgeekca November 9th, 2009 03:07 PM

Thanks to all that have replied! After way too much consternation, I selected a cabin three or four doors back from the hump. I discovered through some awesome photos I found, that the overhang is higher up (one floor) towards the aft. Also, in the aft 1/3 of the penthouse deck, there are cabins directly above as opposed to the pool deck, etc.

Now if June would just get here sooner, I would be happy! :o