CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Is concierge class worth the extra$ (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/369989-concierge-class-worth-extra.html)

kimstew47 December 12th, 2009 03:19 PM

Is concierge class worth the extra$

Can anyone tell me from past experience if the concierge class is worth the extra money?

Kuki December 12th, 2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimstew47 (Post 1262216)
Can anyone tell me from past experience if the concierge class is worth the extra money?

My personal opinion is that it's not worth the extra $. I don't think the extra amenities truly equal the extra cost, and the difference in space is negligible.

Parrot Mom December 13th, 2009 06:08 PM

Extra cost

If it is on a longer than a week cruise I would say YES.. only turned CC class down once and I noticed the difference in service and extras.. Yes, I like the flowers on the desk, yes, I like the rose in the bathroom, Yes, I like the little extras. One day I had a problem trying to cancel an appt. and I went down to the CC desk and they did it for me. For me it's the extra touches, then again the first time we were offered CC it was for $50.00 more. Just call Parrot Mom a spoiled cruiser (no, haven't had a butler year)

kimstew47 December 13th, 2009 06:25 PM

Thanks for the response and on the Feb. 1st departure on Century the Concierge class is less expensive than a balcony stateroom.

Kuki December 13th, 2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimstew47 (Post 1262216)

Well.. if it's LESS then it's definitely worth it. ROFL

Triton December 14th, 2009 06:06 PM

Hi Kimstew47:

I definitely think the cost for CC is worth every penny. Of all the Celebrity cruises I have been on, have only once sailed in a non-CC cabin. Perhaps it's a subjective thing, but I enjoy being pampered more and the CC cabins we stay in, have larger verandas and slightly larger staterooms.

jacdenv24 December 16th, 2009 08:08 PM

I think it depends on just how much extra the difference is. Seems to me that CC used to be an extra $300 to $400 p.p. which I wouldn't pay. But we paid $150 p.p. on our recent Mercury cruise and for us it was worth every penny! The flowers,appetizers (not really all that bad:rolleyes:)bathroom amenities,huge balcony. But the best was priority debarkation-we were among the first off. Or was that a Captain Clubs perk? I'm confused.

Nurse Debra December 17th, 2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1262218)
My personal opinion is that it's not worth the extra $. I don't think the extra amenities truly equal the extra cost, and the difference in space is negligible.

Kuki,

I agree with you about the few extra amenities of concierge class are not worth all that much. While each of us would equate a different value for a CC cabin over a regular balcony cabin, I do feel that the CC cabins are worth an extra $50 pp, but not anything more.

If the CC cabins are less than the balcony cabins and the price is less than other mainstream cruise lines, it might be a good deal.

Debra

Manuel December 20th, 2009 10:10 PM

To me it's worth the extra cost. When I cruise on Celebrity I allways book cocierge class.

TM