Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Beginner

Default Speciality dining

I've just booked my first Celebrity cruise for next summer and would like to know how strictly the cruise line enforces the age limit for dining in the speciality dining rooms.

The cruise I booked had a number of special offers, one of which was speciality dining with free champagne. When I checked out Muranos, only children over 12 are allowed in. My younger daughter will be just 2 months shy of her 12th birthday when we travel. Would they make an exception for her or are they very strict? She is very well behaved.
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:44 AM
Captain

The age limit is in place to keep out the screaming toddlers and crying babies. I can't believe they would turn you away if your daughter is only two months shy of being 12. There are lots of 12 year olds out there that are much better behaved than their parents.

If it were me, I'd not even tell them she is 11 and 10/12ths. Go for it.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:41 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the advice.

I won't offer the info but won't her key card indicate that she's under 12?
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM
Captain

Hadn't thought of that. If in doubt, you might want to check with the headwaiter in Murano and see what he says. My gut feel is that he/she would welcome the revenue.....
Old December 21st, 2009, 07:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

There were posts on another board that the age requirement is enforced. Your daughter might be 2 months shy of the age, but if she is let in - what about someone who is 3 months shy or 4 months shy? Where do you draw the line about how much you can fudge? Celebrity says 12 - then it should be 12 otherwise why not make it 11 and 5/6 or 11 and a half!
Celebrity will know how old she is = all that info is recorded in your documentation.
The specialty restaurant is meant to be an adult dining experience.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07

Last edited by daysatsea; December 21st, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Beginner

What you said is exactly what I expected to hear. It is not possible to fudge the child's age because the cruise line knows all the details. I was really only interested in knowing how strictly they enforce their rules.

I think the Asian restaurant allows younger children. But will there be one as someone elsewhere suggested that this will not be on the Eclipse due to the lack of demand.
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Beginner

Speciality dining encompasses the more unusual dining experiences that some you may have tried already. The popularity of organic foods continues to rise, and with it, organic and vegetarian cuisine. Quality fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, game, fish and poultry are all within easy reach of the city.Fresh sea food is one of the advantages of being sited on the North East coast. Craster kippers, herring, trout, lobster and oysters are all local to Newcastle and with a local tradition of brewing you will have a great choice of beer, or fine wine from further afield, to accompany any dish.