Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Beginner

Question Cabin Selection for family of four?

Hi everyone! We are taking our first cruise 7/23/10 to 7/30/10 on Millenium to Alaska. It will be myself, my husband and two 10yo boys in our cabin. Several other family members are going and they will have a suite with a large balcony, so we decided to take an inside room and save a few $$.

Problem is, it seems that the upper berths will no longer be in the room that we selected after April of 2010 (they are no longer on the diagram)

I am wondering how four of us will fit without these, or should we pay a little more and get a bigger room???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Get in touch with you TA they can verify the cabin bedding.
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Captain

With four in an inside cabin, I would pay additional to have a larger cabin...you and your boys will need every inch.

You can check other Internet sites which specialize in offering contracted rates, which are sometimes less expensive than the cruiseline directly.

Cabins I would check out:

Deck 6: Deluxe Ocean View (sofabed)
Deck 7: Family Ocean View (two sofabeds)

The extra room with the veranda will definitely come in handy!
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Beginner

Get two side by side interior cabins, book one kid with each parent (required), set down firm rules for leaving cabin/answering door/locking door/noise/roughousing,etc, and let the kids have their own space. Make sure that the cabins are not separated by a fire door and sometimes you can get a cabin in the bow/aft that is on a private hallway. I also bring my baby monitor for nights and discrete checkins during the day. You'll have a much better cruise too.
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Admiral

izzys_mom,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Get two side by side interior cabins, book one kid with each parent (required), set down firm rules for leaving cabin/answering door/locking door/noise/roughousing,etc, and let the kids have their own space. Make sure that the cabins are not separated by a fire door and sometimes you can get a cabin in the bow/aft that is on a private hallway. I also bring my baby monitor for nights and discrete checkins during the day. You'll have a much better cruise too.
Actually, the cruise line's rules do allow minors to stay in a cabin without adults if their parents are in another cabin on the ship.

But the better solution here would be either (1) a small suite, in which the boys could sleep in the bedroom (twin bed configuration) and the parents could sleep on the sleep sofa in the main room, or (2) interconnecting inside cabins (the boys would have one cabin, with the twin bed configuration, while the parents have the other, with the queen bed configuration). Two adults and two pre-teens in a standard cabin would be rather cramped at best, and the boys would have no space to move about and release energy.

And on a more practical note, I suspect that most families of four would be happier with the latter configuration because it provides two complete heads so two people can shower, or whatever, simultaneously. This would facilitate matters at critical times like when getting ready to leave the ship in port or when getting ready for dinner.

Norm.