Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Celebrity announces massive changes to M class ships

Celebrity announced that all the M class ships will receive upgrades to make them similiar to S class ships.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. : Investor Relations : Press Releases=
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
First Mate

...just as long as they don't do away with the Thalassotherapy Pools....

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Or the Olympic and SS United States restaurants.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Captain

Good news that Celebrity is going to spruce up the Millennium class ships. Does anyone know if the failed edge of the earth experiment is still trashed or has Celebrity finally fixed this eyesore? It was very disappointing, to see no mention of finally permanently fixing the propulsion system that has caused so many problems over the years on the Millennium, Infinity and Summit.

IMHO, with the new and beautiful new ships Celebrity has just introduced it is a shame that they are still going to try and keep those mclass ships going. I would much rather see them just pawn off the mclass ships and spend their money on new ships that are more reliable.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Debra:

Most of the vestages of the Circque stuff is gone thankfullly, I don't see a problem with them upgrading the M class ships, remember that no ship much bigger than the M class ships goes to Alaska so the need is there.

One of the more interesting points in this press release is what is not said. There is no mention of Mercury or Century. I personally think their days are numbered with Celebrity with Merucry going as early as next year..

Don
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Admiral

I like the M class ships, and I'm glad that they are sprucing them up.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Default Upgrades

Although I have yet to sail on the Equinox the older ships (Century, Constellation and Galaxy) hold a special place in the cruising world. They represent all that cruising is about.. elegance, size and service that I have not yet experienced on the newer ships...I repeat..not yet..lol.. The richness of the fittings, wood and decor make them special in my mind...not to mention the mid-size that many of us preferred. Even if they weren't being retrofitted I'd still cruise with them in a heart beat Guess you can just call me an old fashioned cruiser.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
Although I have yet to sail on the Equinox the older ships (Century, Constellation and Galaxy) hold a special place in the cruising world. They represent all that cruising is about.. elegance, size and service that I have not yet experienced on the newer ships...I repeat..not yet..lol.. The richness of the fittings, wood and decor make them special in my mind...not to mention the mid-size that many of us preferred. Even if they weren't being retrofitted I'd still cruise with them in a heart beat Guess you can just call me an old fashioned cruiser.
You have to do one of the S class ships, they are spectacular...

Don
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Cool Cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
You have to do one of the S class ships, they are spectacular...

Don
I'M BOOKED, I'M BOOKED for the Equinox 10/18 and have been since early July...
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Captain

I am thrilled =X= is refurbishing the M-Class, and already read about the Connie going in - I understand they are putting a restaurant in the Martini Bar area, and overhauling the Cova Cafe area.

M-Class is my all time favorite. I have never experienced any mechanical difficulties or problems on any X ship.

Way to go, Celebrity!!!
Old January 10th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Default Future

Parrot Pop better watch out..I'm going to check it itineray of their ships when the new ones come out..this year for 2011....and 2012...Nothing like improving on a good thing
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
I am thrilled =X= is refurbishing the M-Class, and already read about the Connie going in - I understand they are putting a restaurant in the Martini Bar area, and overhauling the Cova Cafe area.

M-Class is my all time favorite. I have never experienced any mechanical difficulties or problems on any X ship.

Way to go, Celebrity!!!
Triton,

I agree that refurbishing the M-class ships certainly is a step up for those who do cruise M-class ships.

You have been fortunate not to have experienced any problems on an M-class ship, but it should be pointed out that just because one person has not experienced a propulsion problem on an M-class ship, that fact in no way means that this recurring problem does not happen, because it does. As one of the tens of thousands of passengers who have experienced one of these recurring mechanical difficulties and problems, on a Celebrity M-class ship, I would hope that you can understand that after you go through that kind of an experience why an M-class ship would be at the very bottom of my list of all time favorite ships. Before someone flames me again, it should be pointed out that the Constellation has not had the same propulsion problems as the Millennium, Infinity and Summit have experienced.

Don,

Glad to hear that after all these years that Celebrity has begun removing the remnants of circus Oley. On our cruise on the Summit, over 3 years ago, that area looked like the aftermath of a party gone terribly wrong! That area is in a great location and should have been one of the highlights of the entire ship.

Now the new builds for Celebrity, from what I have read and seen, do look beautiful.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Old January 11th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Well,Nurse Debra. why dont you break down and cruise the new ships of Celebrity like the Soltice, Equinox or the Eclipse and it's Cirque de Soleil.... Read the comments made by my friend on the Princess Board of her cruise on the Emerald Princess this past week.. I have her complete comments, but she was very, very disappointed.. and yes..I appreciate the Cirque de Soleil talent..

[edited for content]

I do appreciate a bit more sophisticated entertainment and my comments I stand by in my report of the Gem entertainment..in what my fellow cruisers say was a fair and balanced review. As a little aside..I sent my review to a member of NCL/entertainment staff who is home for a few more weeks and she thought the review was very fair..oh yes.. she works directly or indirectly for Jean Ryan..

Last edited by Parrot Mom; January 11th, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Captain

I just read the comments made by your "friend" with the subject "Free ice cream on the Emerald Princess" on the Princess board and they were really not all that informative about ice cream!

[edited for content]

Debra

Winston Churchill

Last edited by Nurse Debra; January 11th, 2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Admiral

[edited for content] What I have said is that (read this on Princess please) a friend just sent me her experience on the Emerald Princess that she just disembarked yesterday.. and I personally thought I'd like to share the fact that a avowed Princess fan was very disappointed in her cruise, the food, etc.. Not EVERYBODY has a positive experience [edited]

I've known this woman for more than 30 years having worked closely with her here in MA for 20 years..You will have to read the Princess board. She and her husband are avid cruisers and her experience on their beloved Princess last week was NOT positive.. Does everybody have an exceptional cruise on Princess...I don't know.. but I do know that a dear, dear friend was not a "happy cruiser...[edited] Several years ago I was at a resort in the D.R. and wrote a review for Debbies Dominican..somebody else did of the exact week.. the other reviewer saw broken toys in the pool, I saw none....she saw through her eyes and I who can be pretty critical saw nothing...I ask you Nurse Debra...seriously join me for a cruise on the Celebrity Equinox and we can compare notes..and if your interested I'll be delighted to tell you exactly what sailing, I don't bite...lol
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Please!!! You two are like little kids! Give it a break! This thread is about upgrading the M class to make them more in line with the amenities of the S class. It's not about the pods, or Princess' ice cream, or NCL
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Smile

You are so right!!! I just can't stand so much negativity....lol I'm absolutely willing..lol
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM
First Mate

[edited for content] I was bashed by the first post I ever made on Cruisemates a couple of years ago, by a certain someone. Fortunately, I didn't let it deter me from obtaining information posted by other seasoned cruisers who have a true definition of positive/negative cruises. Let's hope other future cruisers aren't turned off by petty disagreements. This can be a valuable thread if handled intelligently.

May we all face the facts that any argument on ship is better than any full-out fight on land.

Peace and waves forever.

Old January 14th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Friends...

I just want to explain a simple rule here at CruiseMates - no personal attacks.

That means you cannot call out someone by name and make disparaging characterizations about them. You cannot infer they are being disingenuous, you cannot ask them to leave, you cannot make suggestions you say are "for their own good."

Please - keep the topic on cruising, and not on the people posting here and what you perceive to be their motives. if you do like not a person's comments, then comment on the topic - but do not criticize the person. Or better yet, ignore them.

But no matter what, no one wants to read bickering in a message board. I don't even care to be posting this post, but I am explaining why some of the posts above are edited.

Thank you to the rest of you for your patience.
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Captain

It's tough not to call someone out by their screen name, actually. This being a social networking board and all.

It's been a pleasure discussing with "most" all of you about Celebrity, and what a wonderful cruiseline it is. I've enjoyed conversing with you, and hope you enjoy this board.

I truly am sorry if I offended others, being a moderator (on top of working, life, etc, lol) is just another part of being human. I do love my Celebrity experience and am not apologetic for speaking the truth about one particular poster being a source of continual contention. Some things are just worth speaking out for.

Thank you all for your feedback, tips, kind words and fun. Happy sailing all!

Triton
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Happy Cruising my friend.. hope to meet up with you one day.
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cirque on Summit

We cruised on Summit, Alaska to LA (repositioning cruise - great value!) 3 years ago. The Cirque had taken over the large panoramic lounge at front of Summit, with tacky "tents", etc. Plus the show was absolutely horrible. Many people (including my wife and I) walked out. I complained to the Cruise Director, and the remaining shows on this cruise were cancelled.

But I heard later that Summit did not remove the decorations.

A horrible experiment by Celebrity.