Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
First Mate

Default Solstice Questions

My wife and I are in the very early stages of putting together a Fall cruise. One of the very attractive offerings is Solstice, and we have a few questions we were hoping those who have sailed her might be able to answer.

So, here we go:

Is there an Alternate Dining venue such as can be found on the M-class ships?

What is available in the buffet area during the evening?

Is the Solarium Pool heated? By heated, I mean as in the temperature of the water in the T-pools on M class. We know it is not like the T-pools with the jets and all, but warm water soothes these old bones....

What is the equivalent of the Cova Cafe, where the pastries are available mornings, and other goodies in the afternoon?

When on the M class ships, our favorite lounge is the Rendesvous, because of the type of entertainment usually found there. What would be the equivalent on Solstice?

That's it for now....

Thanks in advance,

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid1962 View Post
My wife and I are in the very early stages of putting together a Fall cruise. One of the very attractive offerings is Solstice, and we have a few questions we were hoping those who have sailed her might be able to answer.

So, here we go:

Is there an Alternate Dining venue such as can be found on the M-class ships?

What is available in the buffet area during the evening?

Is the Solarium Pool heated? By heated, I mean as in the temperature of the water in the T-pools on M class. We know it is not like the T-pools with the jets and all, but warm water soothes these old bones....

What is the equivalent of the Cova Cafe, where the pastries are available mornings, and other goodies in the afternoon?

When on the M class ships, our favorite lounge is the Rendesvous, because of the type of entertainment usually found there. What would be the equivalent on Solstice?

That's it for now....

Thanks in advance,
Syd:

I can try to answer some of your questions from my experience on Equinox two months ago.

The S class ships do not have the casual dining as in the rest of the fleet. The Bistro on five seems to be popular for those who do not wish to eat in the MDR. The buffet seems to be more extensive than on the other ships and almost equals a full buffet.

The solarium pool is heated but I don't know to what temperature. I found this to be a great spot since I don't do the sun real well having had a melanoma in the past.

I am not on my regular computer and do not have the name of the coffee bar but they do have coffee etc at the one location with free pastries.

They do have room towards the back of the ship that reminds me of the rendevous lounge and there was entertainment there.

The coffee bar is called Cafe al Bacio......

Don
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

There are plenty of alternative dining spots for a surcharge - very delicious ones. Here is a list of restaurants from our cruise ship review:

Celebrity Solstice Ship Review; food, entertainment, staterooms, itinerarary and service.

Restaurants:

The Grand Epernay: this two-level dining room features a stunning décor of mostly white walls and angular pillars, chairs and tablecloths. There is a grand staircase with silver railings and an immense chandelier of hanging silver bubbles. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the menu features continental European cuisine and champagne from the rooms' namesake region.

Tuscan Grille: Italian steakhouse and specialty restaurant offering fine Italian wines and panoramic views along with your Caesar salad, made tableside. Surcharge $25 pp. This is our favorite eatery with grand views through full windows over the stern. The appetizers and desserts are heavenly.

Silk Harvest: Cuisine of Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, China and India, served family-style, with built-in lazy-Susans and small plates perfect for sharing. Surcharge $20 pp.

Blu Restaurant: The specialty restaurant set aside as the exclusive dining venue for the AquaClass suite guests, serving healthier (but not true spa cuisine) fare in a sophisticated and soothing atmosphere. In fact, anyone can dine here for a small fee ($5.00) but the food is nearly the same as the main dining room - except that it is cooked a la minute so it arrives hot.

Murano Restaurant: Savory multi-course meals featuring a blend of classic and modern continental cuisine with an extensive and superb wine list. Surcharge $30 pp. The foie gras with a ginger hard roll base is heavenly. The desserts, which come in a rack of six two-ounce portions.

Bistro on Five: This small, bistro-like room hidden behind glass walls in the public areas of deck five, this room features crepes of all kinds from breakfast to luncheons with beef or chicken and, of course, desserts. There are also soups, salads and quiche. The surcharge is a simple $5.00 per person.

Café al Bacio and Gelateria: across from the Bistro on Five, this upscale coffeehouse features mostly pastries and gelato or Italian ices by the scoop. There is a small charge for the gelato. Coffee and gelato cost from $3.00 to $5.00 per serving.

AquaSpa Café: not for the exclusive use of the AquaSpa suite guests (that is "Blu.") This restaurant is inside the Solarium and features lighter, healthier fare such as salads, fresh raw vegetables and small sandwiches.

Mast Grill and Bar: the poolside grill serving up the usual poolside fare; hamburgers, fries, tacos, chicken wings, bratwurst, gyros, ruebens and onion rings. The menu changes daily and will offer Mexican or German fare on different days. This is the best place to get a hotdog onboard.

The Oceanview Café and Grill: this is one of the nicest Lido cafeteria-style buffet rooms this cruiser has ever seen. With a multitude of dedicated stations of different types of food, it is easy to see all of the possible selections and lines are always short. Dedicated stations include the carvery, salad bar, dessert bar, Asian stir-fry, grilled steaks and chops and more.