Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Beginner

Default Does anyone know?

How much better is Aqua Class than Concierge on Equinox ?
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Captain

I think it's pretty much subjective, across the board. You get a couple more perks (shower panel, Blue Restaurant which is only for the Aqua Class and the location is in the Spa area of the ship).

I think Concierge Class is a great option too.
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Admiral

I was recently on Equinox in AQ and would definitely go for the AQ over the CC. In AQ you basically get all the amenites of CC plus use of Blu restaurant, persian gardens and other amenities assoicated with Aqua Spa. I am not a fan of CC to start with as most of the amenites would not be important to me but the AQ class amenities are real and tangible. As Triton said though, its really a matter of preference.

Don
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Don.. if the price is right I t hink the perks and upgrade are worth it..but for now I'm in a CC
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Beginner

Default Aqua

Thanks for all your feedback! Anyone going on Feb. 15th?
Old January 15th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have to say I have heard both sides of the story. You heard the positive above. I personally like the Persian Gardens for steams, hot lounges, etc.

But I have heard a fair number of people say they are not worth the extra money. The stateroom amenities are not substantial and BLU as a restaurant has the same menu as the other dining rooms (although I hear it is cooked a la minute). Plus, anyone can eat in Blu, not just AQ passengers.

The other amenites are an iPod player, fresh lemon water, aromatherapy, special pillows... (I am writing from memory, if I make a mistake feel free to correct me) and close access to the spa.

I love the Solstice ships, but if there is one complaint I have heard from a few people it is tht AQ is not as special as was advertised. If money is not a matter of concern them go for them, but if your budget is tight, then maybe not.
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I have to say I have heard both sides of the story. You heard the positive above. I personally like the Persian Gardens for steams, hot lounges, etc.

But I have heard a fair number of people say they are not worth the extra money. The stateroom amenities are not substantial and BLU as a restaurant has the same menu as the other dining rooms (although I hear it is cooked a la minute). Plus, anyone can eat in Blu, not just AQ passengers.

The other amenites are an iPod player, fresh lemon water, aromatherapy, special pillows... (I am writing from memory, if I make a mistake feel free to correct me) and close access to the spa.

I love the Solstice ships, but if there is one complaint I have heard from a few people it is tht AQ is not as special as was advertised. If money is not a matter of concern them go for them, but if your budget is tight, then maybe not.
Blu's menu is totally different from that in the MDR......

Don
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post

I didn't catch this originally but you got some wrong info on Blu. They are very strict as to who can eat in Blu. We had our room cards and numbers checked. I was not even able to bring a friend with me for dinner as a third person. The suite passengers can eat in Blu when room is available but thats it...
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are planning a trip on the Eclipse (booking today hopefully). One thing I have found that I do not like about the AQ cabins is that if you book one, you are pretty much out of luck if you want to eat dinner in the main dining room. We asked Celebrity (as did our TA) if we could book an AQ but opt for the main dining room instead of Blu and were told that we could not. We can attempt to change once we are on board, but when making the initial reservation in AQ Blu is your restaurant (unless you opt to reserve the other specialty restaurants some nights).
Old February 10th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasco View Post
We are planning a trip on the Eclipse (booking today hopefully). One thing I have found that I do not like about the AQ cabins is that if you book one, you are pretty much out of luck if you want to eat dinner in the main dining room. We asked Celebrity (as did our TA) if we could book an AQ but opt for the main dining room instead of Blu and were told that we could not. We can attempt to change once we are on board, but when making the initial reservation in AQ Blu is your restaurant (unless you opt to reserve the other specialty restaurants some nights).
Just curious - - Why would you want to dine in the MDR instead of Blu? We were on the Solstice last week and really enjoyed Blu.

FYI - - It cost us $200 total to upgrade from a CC2 cabin to AQ; the best $200 I ever spent!
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Old February 10th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Admiral

Agree, Blu is much better, I don't know why you would spend the money and then opt to eat in the MDR....

Don
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptrout View Post
Just curious - - Why would you want to dine in the MDR instead of Blu? We were on the Solstice last week and really enjoyed Blu.
For us, one of the things we look forward to is the MDR atmosphere. On a 13 night cruise, I tend to think we'd get bored with Blu. I'm aware of the fact that the food is 'upgraded' but the atmosphere of the MDR outweighs that.
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Blu

Hi Paul

I think the question about Blu could be better answered by the Restaurant manager. I would assume that food would be made to order vs the precooked dishes that are served in the Main Dining room.

The main dining room is beautiful, so I would have to say it would be favored over Blu because of the extra cost if a table is available.

The food is pretty good in both restaurants.

I am Elite on a few cruise lines, I find that some of the amenities are standard issue in Aqua Class.

I have to recommend Princess for the perks, the unlimited Dry Cleaning and laundry is a big deal, even with Princess ships providing laundry facilities with irons.

Celebrity does not even have laundry facilities and Elite members only get a single item Dry Cleaned and a small bag of laundry, what a joke if your working out in the gym daily or traveling over seas on an extended cruise.

Chow
Danny

Last edited by Dannyboy; February 28th, 2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: adding a commet
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Quote:
For us, one of the things we look forward to is the MDR atmosphere. On a 13 night cruise, I tend to think we'd get bored with Blu. I'm aware of the fact that the food is 'upgraded' but the atmosphere of the MDR outweighs that.
If that is the case and I respect your wishes about the MDR, why book in AQ in the first place since the main attraction is BLU. Everything else is available to other customers or simple on its own does not justify the price increase.

Don
Old March 2nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
If that is the case and I respect your wishes about the MDR, why book in AQ in the first place since the main attraction is BLU. Everything else is available to other customers or simple on its own does not justify the price increase.

Don
There are some addditional perks the AQ allows (entrance to certain areas such as the relaxation area free of charge for example). We can access these areas with the CC reservation, but for a fee. Also, we're sailing with friends and they have opted for AQ but want to eat with us in the MDR. Once on board we are going to try to get them moved to our table.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
There are some addditional perks the AQ allows (entrance to certain areas such as the relaxation area free of charge for example). We can access these areas with the CC reservation, but for a fee. Also, we're sailing with friends and they have opted for AQ but want to eat with us in the MDR. Once on board we are going to try to get them moved to our table.
As I stated I personally don't believe that these items on their own justify the price increase. I was in an AQ area and used most of the facilities. The relaxation area is highly overated. All it is is a big room with some couch like furniture that is used primarily for those waiting for Spa appointments. You lay on the couch and look out the front windows, that;s it. If you are going to eat in the MDR it is really a waste to spend money on AQ.

Don
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:07 AM
Admiral

Cool C2 to Aqua

Had an opportunity to go to Aqua class for only $29.00 more per person and we grabbed it..not only it is handicapped accessible I think...WHOPPEE..NOT that interested in the restaurant..maybe for breakfast but access to a few of the free spa amenities sounds great..
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
Had an opportunity to go to Aqua class for only $29.00 more per person and we grabbed it..not only it is handicapped accessible I think...WHOPPEE..NOT that interested in the restaurant..maybe for breakfast but access to a few of the free spa amenities sounds great..
Ref; Handicapped accessible (HA):

Just curious: This came-up on another board, so I will ask you why you consider a HA cabin a good idea (unless you are actually handicapped). On the other board, many thought that it was a great upgrade, but others pointed-out that the slightly larger cabin (square footage) advantage was offset by what non-handicapped people would consider as a downgraded bathroom (look at the pictures of a HC bathroom; looks like a hospital bathroom). I had never even noticed HC cabins before reading that thread, but after reading several very impassioned comments, I would not consider a HC cabin.

Otherwise, great deal on your AQ upgrade! $29 p/p is a steal! And give Blu a chance, you may be surprised!
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice