Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Is the Millennium class still premium?

I love the Solstice class of ships and they are selling extremely well, but I have not been on a "millennium-class" celebrity ship in a long time.

Are they still "all that?" I thought they were beautiful at the time, but it was been awhile since i have been on one.

What would you pick, Millennium and the extra money, or pay a little more to go on Solstice?
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Not sure what you mean by "premium", Paul, but we sailed Millennium in November & thought she was in great shape, & an elegantly appointed ship. Our previous cruise was on Century, & dispite her being 14+, I thought that she was just as elegant. We haven't sailed the S class, but I'm not really hung up on newer is better. We've found that the cruise experience on all Celebrity ships is consistent throughout the fleet.
When I look for a sailing, if it's on Celebrity, I look for the best value that fits our schedule & where we are interested in going at that time, regardless of the ship. We have enjoyed all of Celebrity's ships. I'm sure we will try the S class someday, but probably not go out of our way to do so.
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

What I mean is this - newer ships generally have adults only serenity spaces, station-style buffets rather than lines, three to five alternative dining spots and flat-screen TV and decent Internet access.

Just like some of the Holland America ships built back in the 1990s have become somewhat dated while the newer ones are really beautiful - the Millennium class is getting pretty old.

They just announced a major upgrade to the ships - which sort answers my question. The ships are in need of an upgrade.

The Solstice is beautiful by the way. For a Celebrity fan I have to recommend them highly. Everyone I was on that ship with thought it was beautiful.
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Captain

I don't think the M-class is as "premium" as it can be, thus the major restoration project to "Solsticize" them all.

Saying that, new isn't always better IMHO. I would prefer to have premium service (as demonstrated in the staff's behavior and actions) than a flat screen TV, etc.

Celebrity is known for their premium service...coupled with premium staterooms, suites, adult areas, spa services, etc...it can't get any better for me!
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
First Mate

I do see your point, Paul, & in that regard, those features do set some ships apart from others. But to me, at least, "premium" is evidenced through attentive service & ship decor which create a certain atmosphere on board, & I think the M class still provide that.

I get a chuckle when I hear the M class referred to as old. In ship terms, they haven't even reached middle age! .......Now, I'm getting old!
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Paul,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
I love the Solstice class of ships and they are selling extremely well, but I have not been on a "millennium-class" celebrity ship in a long time.

Are they still "all that?" I thought they were beautiful at the time, but it was been awhile since i have been on one.
During my cruise last November aboard GTS Celebrity Summit, I thought that the ship generally looked great and the service was fully up to Celebrity's historical standards, with one exception. The fully syncronized service in the specialty restaurants was gone. Without it, I find it very difficult to justify paying $30.00 per passenger per occasion to dine there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
What would you pick, Millennium and the extra money, or pay a little more to go on Solstice?
If there's a difference in price for comparable itineraries, I would choose the Celebrity cruise that's less expensive, regardless of class or age. I don't see any amenities or facilities aboard the ships of the Celebrity Solstice class that stand out as "must have" items for a line to be regarded as a "premium" cruise line.

Norm.
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Paul,

Quote:
What I mean is this - newer ships generally have adults only serenity spaces, station-style buffets rather than lines, three to five alternative dining spots and flat-screen TV and decent Internet access.
These elements are not what makes a ship "premium" in the cruise industry. Rather, the distinction between a "premium" cruise line and a "mainstream" cruise line is in quality of service and cuisine and in the manner of treatment of passengers -- generally far fewer announcements during the course of the day, additional touches sometimes characterized as "grace notes" (like Celebrity's complimentary champagne at embarkation and cold towels when returning from shore excursions), and a willingness to let passengers relax rather than trying to recruit passengers into activities.

But let's take these items point by point.

>> "Adults Only" Serenity Spaces: The Millennium class has the Persian Garden in the spa and The Conservatory that fall into this category.

>> Layout of Buffet: Princess's Sun Princess class and all subsequent Princess newbuilds since have had station-style buffets, yet I don't recall anybody saying that Celebrity's ships were somehow no longer "Premum" tier because Princess had adopted this design. In fact, just the opposite -- the discussion six or seven years ago was whether recent changes at Princess, including the changes intstited as part of the parent company's "cost cutting programme" prior to its merger with Carnival Corporation, had dropped that line down to the "mainstream" segment.

>> Three to Five Alternative Dining Spots: All of the ships of the Celebrity Millennium class have this -- the Aquaspa Cafe, the poolside grill (lunch), the buffet (lunch), pasta and pizza stations, "alternative casual dining" in the buffet restaurant (dinner), the sushi bar (dinner), and the specialty restaurant (dinner).

>> Flat Screen Televisions and "Decent" Internet Access: What exists aboard the ships of the Celebrity Millennium class reflects the state of the art at the time of construction of these vessels. They probably are due for the typical midlife upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Just like some of the Holland America ships built back in the 1990s have become somewhat dated while the newer ones are really beautiful - the Millennium class is getting pretty old.
Since most cruise ships have a service life of about twenty years for their original owners, these ships are about reaching the middle of their expected service for Celebrity. They are undoubtedly very well maintained, but nonetheless in need of some updated systems. They are, nonetheless, gorgeous ships.

The worst thing that happened to two of these ships was the Cirque du Soleil "Bar at the Edge of the Earth" debacle, which redecorated the disco/night clubs of the former GTS Constellation and GTS Summit in a manner that exhibited all the class and style of a freshly "toilet papered" college dorm room -- but that happened when these vessels were relatively new. With the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth" draperies and seat covers mostly gone (there are still some rags hanging in the overhead aboard GTS Celebrity Summit and probably also aboard GTS Celebrity Constellation, but most passengers probably would not notice them), these spaces actually are looking respectable again.

[/quote="You"\They just announced a major upgrade to the ships - which sort answers my question. The ships are in need of an upgrade.[/quote]

As best I can tell, most of these "upgrades" amount to little more than (1) normal replacement of carpets and upholstery and replacement of equipment that normally happens during a major yard visit and (2) rebranding some of the spaces to match the corresponding facilities of the Celebrity Solstice class. Unfortunately, the press release describing the uprade gives the locations of only a couple of the new facilities and the post-renovation deck plans for GTS Celebrity Constellation do not reflect the changes, so we are left to speculate. Nontheless, taking the deck plan of MV Celebrity Solstice as a guide, it's a reasonable guess that the Café al Bacio and Gelateria (which, according to the press release, will replace the Cova Café di Milano) will be in the atrium area on Deck 5. The location of new the Tuscan Grille is more of a mystery unless it will replace the existing specialty restaurants. But on the whole, most of these changes appear to be typical midlife renovations.

Norm.
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Captain

Having sailed many cruise ships and cruise lines, my experience has been that overall there is very little difference in the food, service and entertainment. To say that one line is superior over another cruise line, based on this criteria, is nothing more than one's personal opinion. Some of the newer ships from Princess, Celebrity, Carnival, RCL, NCL, HAL... IMHO, could be rated as premium. The word "premium" is kicked around a lot and while it may make some feel better to say that they sail a "premium" cruise line, my opinion is that in the mass market cruise segment there are premium ships within any given cruise line but not all of the that cruise lines ships are premium. Every cruise line will have its fans that will claim their ship is the best in these categories but at the end of the day it is like the old debate about which is better Coke or Pepsi.

I would put at the top of my list for qualifying as a premium ship would be reliability of the ship when compared to other ships and good customer service when there is a problem. At this time, saying that M-class ships are premium or in other words a cut above other mass market cruise ships IMHO, makes no logical sense at all. Given the recurring problems on the Millennium, Infinity and Summit for the past nine years these particular ships are, IMHO are not premium ships.

Now, after the massive refurbishment announced by Celebrity and IF, and that is a big IF, Celebrity does finally make a permanent fix to the recurring propulsion problems then IMHO, these ships might fairly be classified as a premium ship.

As I have said before I like the size of the M-class ships and thought the main show room was as nice as any that I have seen on any cruise line. The service, food and entertainment were also as good as many other cruise lines that I have sailed.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Admiral

Default Differencs

IMO there is a difference between the "premium" ships such as i.e. Century and Constellation size and the Soltice.. Sure.. the newer ships are bigger, offer maybe more dining options, but just because something is "older" doesn't make it less than something "newer" and bigger It would mean that those over 55 are less valuable than a youngster.. I personally loved the size of that line of ships and the one Princess we did cruise.. we found the size delightful, although size doesn't always mean it has the amenities you might want.. There is something comforting about the smaller ships I believe..you don't feel as if your on a floating resort.. Guess I'm old fashioned, but I'm open to all experiences and will let you know about the size of the Equinox and the "feel". Guess I'm old fashioned enough to want elegance, service, comfort leel and atmosphere of cruising, the old fashioned way.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

No. The Solstice class ships are pulling all the best crew the line has.
You would have seen a noticable decline in the food levels on the M class ships.

Service is still top shelf in your cabin and dining room.
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Are you judging the service of t he ship on the syncronized service/butterfly service? It's very showy... seriously...Also, can't believe people get excited when they get a towel animal on their bed at night..jezz.. we aren't kids. at least I'm not.. I'm sure it's somebody in the linen room who is doing them all...and our stewards/stewardesses don' have time.. It is as you say.. the quality of service and food...Well Richsea..I am that old..lol.. the body is anyhow,but the mind has not gone and I still retain my sense of humor I hope and whatever youth I can.. I don't like to look back as others do..
Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom,

Quote:
Are you judging the service of t he ship on the syncronized service/butterfly service? It's very showy...
No, I'm not judging the service of the ship by the fact that the specialty restaurant no longer has synchronized service. I'm judging [i]the surcharge for dining in the specialty restaurant[i] by the fact that the specialty restaurant no longer has synchronized service.

Syncrhonized service takes a lot more coordination of a lot more staff to make sure that tables are sufficiently desynchronized so sufficient staff are available to provide that service when large tables require it. As a result, it may require additional staff -- which is why only the true luxury restaurants provide that level of service. The failure to provide synchronized service decidedly moves Celebrity's specialty restaurants out of that class. Thus, I can no longer justify paying the surcharge to eat there.

Quote:
seriously...Also, can't believe people get excited when they get a towel animal on their bed at night..jezz.. we aren't kids. at least I'm not.. I'm sure it's somebody in the linen room who is doing them all...and our stewards/stewardesses don' have time..
The "towel animals" do reflect artistic talent on the part of the staff. I don't "need" them, but I do admire the talent that produces them.

On one solo cruise I had a cabin steward who was leaving various towel animals in my cabin every night. On Halloween morning, I decided to practice a bit of, ah, artistry of my own. Before I departed the cabin in the morning, a couple spare pillows that the steward had stashed in one of the storage cabinets went under the covers on the side of the bed that I did not use and a rolled beach towel from one of the animals got doubled over and draped from the pillow down the outside of the covers to look like a pair of somewhat disheveled blond pony tails. With the only light coming from the nightstand lamp on the opposite side of the bed, the effect was perfect -- it looked like a lady was still sleeping in the bed when viewed from the cabin doorway. Exiting the cabin, I went off to breakfast, greeting the cabin steward on the way out.

The effect, of course, was priceless. Opening the door to clean the cabin, the steward was absolutely shocked to see what appeared to be a woman in bed. That evening, she told me that it took her a few minutes, after she regained her composure, to figure out that there couldn't be anybody in the cabin and then to muster the courage to go in. She said that she had shown the ruse to her supervisor before making up the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
It is as you say.. the quality of service and food...Well Richsea..I am that old..lol.. the body is anyhow,but the mind has not gone and I still retain my sense of humor I hope and whatever youth I can.. I don't like to look back as others do..
The difference between a "premium" cruise line and a "mainstream" cruise line is, in real terms, like the difference between buying a Buick and buying a Chevrolet. Underneath, they are substantially the same product (chassis, drive train, etc.), but one expects to find a difference in quality (better fit and finish, superior upholstery, etc.) and additional standard equipment in the premium brand. In the same way, one expects a "premium" cruise line to do more frequent refurbishment of public spaces to keep them in superior condition and to provide the little extra touches that amount to "grace notes" -- accents like Celebrity's complimentary champagne at embarkation, refreshments and cold towels on the pier when returning from shore excursions, etc. -- that one would not find on a "mainstram" line. Additionally, a "premium" cruise line generally will appeal to passengers who have more refined tastes and more awareness of social graces than a "mainstream" line -- the "wine and cheese" crowd compared to the "pretzels and beer" crowd. The result is that "premium" lines generally will be dressier than "mainstream" lines, though there obviously are exceptions to this trend. In contemporary terms, by way of example, most "mainstream" lines now permit jeans and "T" shirts in the dining room on "casual" evenings whereas "premium" lines typically do not.

Norm.
Old February 7th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Admiral

I still consider the Celebrity service to be premium.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Cool Until

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
I still consider the Celebrity service to be premium.

TM
Until I can try other "premium" lines ..like Crystal, Oceania, Silverseas, Holland America I'll continue to enjoy Celebrity and the specialness I am feel when I step aboard and am warmly welcomed back. With a bit of luck I might be on the Soltice shortly..wish me luck at the travel show
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Captain

To correct a mis-statement, Crystal, Oceania and Silverseas are not ranked as "premium" cruise lines but rather "luxury" cruise lines. While Princess, Holland America, Celebrity and several lines are ranked as "premium".

Having sailed on Princess, Holland America and Celebrity, I agree that the service is premium on all of these cruise lines. I never have experienced anything but premium service on any of the cruise lines that I have sailed, so that issue is a non-starter with me when comparing cruise ships. I really don't think there would be much of an improvement in the service area, even on the luxury ships such as Crystal. On the luxury ships you would find an improvement in accommodations and food.

For me, the service has never been an issue with the Millennium class ships but the recurring problems with the propulsion system on the Summit, Millennium and Infinity, is an issue when comparing the Millennium class ships to those of other cruise lines and even the other ships in the Celebrity fleet.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Last edited by Nurse Debra; February 7th, 2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Admiral

In my cruises with Celebrity the propulsion system has been a non-issue.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM
First Mate

Personally, While i agree that Crystal or Silverseas are not "Premium", but would be classified as luxury lines I definitely would put Oceania in the premium class, along with Azamara. And, yes, IMo, the M class should still be considered premium. While I've never sailed HA, Oceania, or Azamara, I have sailed Celebrity M class & Princess, which offer a very similar product, with Celebrity ahead in the food & service area, but one can't go wrong with either.

Last edited by richsea; February 7th, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Cool Propulsion issue

Quote:
In my cruises with Celebrity the propulsion system has been a non-issue.

TM
Yes, it's NEVER been an issue with me either... and I hate seeing a "dead horse" beaten in every post on Celebrity. Guess the issue can't be discussed when talking about the Equinox or Soltice
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Admiral

If the propulsion fails on a ship, and we get to extend the cruise by a day or two is that such a big issue?

Now it it fails on an airplane that is a different issue.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old February 7th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Cool Staying Longer

Quote:
If the propulsion fails on a ship, and we get to extend the cruise by a day or two is that such a big issue?

Now it it fails on an airplane that is a different issue.

TM
One of the joys of our winter charter vacations was aways the chance that Boston would be snowed in and we couldn't fly home...I'TS HAPPENED.. Can remember a problem with a plane stuck in Aruba and they couldn't pick us up in Venezuela.. but a ship....oh pure joy...
Old February 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Captain

Those who have not yet been affected by a propulsion problem on the Millennium, Infinity or Summit are indeed fortunate. Granted, most who sail these ships have not been affected, but at the end of the day tens of thousands have been impacted by this problem. There is just no getting around the facts and while I can appreciate champions of Celebrity, who have not been affected, in trying to minimize this problem, the facts are still the facts.

While it certainly is a "happy" thought about an extended cruise, but the fact is that no Celebrity cruise has been "extended by a day or two", but many itineraries have been cut short by this problem. Even if cruises were extended, wouldn't that mean someone else's cruise would be cut short by 1 or 2 days?

Saying the Celebrity mclass ships are still premium or not, is still just a matter of opinion and that is all. As I said before IMHO, I would not consider any cruise ship to be premium that has a design fault that has had such a long history of problems. Others can certainly have other opinions, but at least mine are backed up with facts and experience as to what can happen on these ships.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Old February 7th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Admiral

I still not concerned with pod problems.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Default Slammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsea View Post
Personally, While i agree that Crystal or Silverseas are not "Premium", but would be classified as luxury lines I definitely would put Oceania in the premium class, along with Azamara. And, yes, IMo, the M class should still be considered premium. While I've never sailed HA, Oceania, or Azamara, I have sailed Celebrity M class & Princess, which offer a very similar product, with Celebrity ahead in the food & service area, but one can't go wrong with either.
You just said a no-no...."I have sailed Celebrity M class & Princess, which offer a very similar product, with Celebrity ahead in the food & service area, but one can't go wrong with either."lol watch out now... According to one of the popular posters YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG.. in your opinion
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Debra,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra View Post
Those who have not yet been affected by a propulsion problem on the Millennium, Infinity or Summit are indeed fortunate.
Having been "affected by a propulsion problem" aboard GTS Summit a few years ago, I think that we who have been affected even more fortunate than those who have not been affected!

I had booked a cruise to Alaska in early June, when it was cheap.

When Celebrity cancelled the cruise, I got a full refund plus a free cruise.

So I took the same itinerary on the first week of August, when it would have been considerably more expensive, instead.

Peak season, free.

Norm.
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Good things CAN HAPPEN...lol.. Several years ago we were booked from Boston to Canada on the new NCL Sky Rev..remember when it had the accident? We heard from the grapevine the damage was much more serious than they were letting on... and a friend who was on that particular cruise couldnt stop raving about how wonderful NCL was.. She was bussed home (her option...she did not fly) and her $$ back, plus box lunches and booked a the largest cabin/suite possible on another NCK ship from NY to Bermuda... Our story was that NCL and V.O. continued to tell us that the ship would sale..Two days before leaving, the dog in the kennel and the bags packed.. they said no and instead told us to pick a cruise.(we had the name of a lovely lady at NCL). get the best price and they would take 50% off and upgrade us to whatever we wanted.. oh yes..we got our $$ back..Instead of a 7day cruise we ended up on a 14 day trans-canal on the Sky in a huge balcony cabin.. It's nice to see the cruise lines and their customer service in action. I held no ill will....
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Captain

Norm,

Congratulations on being one of the winners on one of the propulsion failure cruises on one of the Celebrity Millennium class ships. Celebrity instituted this policy because they were aware that these Mclass ships were going to fail from time to time into the future. I am afraid that your experience and that of myself and so many others with Celebrity was totally different.

The story that you and a few others don't seem to like to mention is the fact that there have been far more passengers impacted with missed ports, itinerary changes, shortened port times, late departures and late arrivals, than those who "won" a free cruise on Celebrity, because of emergency dry dock to make repairs. I would much rather confine my gambling to the ship casino, rather than taking a chance on whether my ship will get to all of the scheduled ports or even sail at all.

Glad to hear that you were one of the winners, but keep in mind the perspective of the many thousands including myself, who on my Celebrity cruise missed more than half of a thirteen night Alaskan cruise because of this problem that has been going on for so many years.

On our POD cruise we were "generously" compensated $100 for this inconvenience. Oh yes, after passengers banded together to protest this blatant insult, Celebrity, was shamed into offering a 30% credit toward a future cruise booked at full rack price. After the whole ordeal of cover-ups and mis-statements on our cruise I decided not to ever put myself in such a position again and through my "discount" certificate in the garbage.

The folks on a Celebrity Millennium cruise this past spring on a cruise from Sidney to Auckland cruise encountered much the same treatment from Celebrity. They missed two ports and were offered $100 onboard credit for the "inconvenience". While, no doubt, very disappointed in Celebrity, these passengers did not even receive a future cruise certificate. While very few passengers are aware of the possibility of this problem happening, it still is no reason for some to want to just gloss over this problem which could impact anyone on the Celebrity Millennium, Infinity and Summit.

At the end of the day, knowledge is king and I only wish that I had been given the whole story about the recurring problems with these ships, so that I could have made an informed decision.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Old February 12th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra View Post

At the end of the day, knowledge is king and I only wish that I had been given the whole story about the recurring problems with these ships, so that I could have made an informed decision.

Debra
Knowlege is a good thing indeed. But I believe that you have done enough of a job in telling us about the pods.

You aparently did not do a good job of taking your issue to the proper channels at Celebrity.

I had a slight cabin service problem in one of my Celebrity cruises and we were generously compensated for it.

The KEY is to be diplomatic and polite, and not to become angry and abusive.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011

Last edited by Manuel; February 12th, 2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: missin word
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Cool Pod problem

Yes, I absolutely agree, life is too short to worry about the iittle things and Manuel it doesn't do our physical or mental health to be "harping" on the same subject, time after time after time after time..The "pods" are a minor issue...we should concentrate about our healthy and something we don't talk about...our ability financially and physically to be able to cruise when we want and are able to..We should think about the positive in cruising not the negative.. Just the other day Parrot Pop who is past the age of senior...lol.. was talking about places we have been and the sights we have seen, the people we have met and that is what life should be..adventure..not pods and the little things.. because in the end... almost everything is a "little thing"...stop and smell the flowers...life passes us by very quickly..
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Parrot Mom, you and Parrot Pop are my kind of people.We all need to learn how to enjoy the positive side of life.
I also advise cruisers to have a good TA, then if there is a problem he or she can handle for you.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Cool Like us

In 1986 I think Parrot Pop and I had a chance to visit Macchu Picchu..when it was just opened up.. no five star luxury hotels, actually we stayed in Cuzco at a hotel that we got scabies from..lol. On the trip we met an elderly and I mean elderly couple.. and we said.. "we want to be like you when we get old"..it was the year when the automatic SLR cameras came out and the poor man kept his finger on the button..taking so many pictures..oh, yes,this was a land trip and we drank coco leaf tea..lol The first time somebody said "we want to be like you when we get older"...I was shocked.. whose old..Just the the other day at the hospital where i retired the joke is.. where have you been lately..and so many people said.. "we want to be like you'.. Manuel.. we started land trips 30 years ago...while we were working and became addicted..now it's cruising although Parrot Pop is pleading for a land vacation somewhere warm before we cruise the Equinox in October.. He sadly now on a cruise walks with a rollator...but it gets us to where we are going...even.. oh when we did the Cinque Terre in Italy...he hasn't forgiven me yet.. walking through FIVE villages.. As far as I am concerned.. age is in the mind..and I refuse to acknowledge it..As for a good travel agent..find me one.. I do the work and they get the commission.. it frosts me no end.. How many cruises do we have left in us.. I dont know, but at 79 for him..I'm still planning.. and will be interested to see the itineraries for 2011..Celebrity, of course..
Closed Thread