Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Unhappy Celebrity Cruise Air

Just got a quote from Cruise Air from Boston to Rome for a price that is so out of sight I can't believe it.. Has anybody else used them and has anybody taken the train from Rome to the port and how much was it.. and are there taxis at the station in Civicchia?:
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Other than "Open Jaw" tickets (where you are returning from a different airport than you flew into) I find cruise line air is always much higher than I can find on my own.

We've always just taken taxis to and from the port when in Rome, and it's never been very expensive.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Default Transfer

Kuki... supposedly they want an extra $100.00 apiece for transfer from airport to port and visa versa.... We do have our own transfer from airport to our hotel in downtown Rome and had thought about using the hotel transport to go back to the airport for pick up.. but this sounds outrageous, doesn't it.. Yes, we normally book our own airfare but Celebrity claims it has the lowest. One thing is in my favor... there is a major travel show that we are going to on February 20th.. and I'm going to get answers at their booth.. I just don't like the idea of taking all our luggage on the train with us unable to carry any and Parrot pop using a rollator
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:25 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Hi Parrot Mom. $100 pp sounds high but you can expect to pay at least $75pp Here is a link to a service Rome Airport Shuttle Discount Shuttle Rome Airports which was recommended to us by people who had used them with great success. What we wound up doing was making arrangements through our hotel (Lancelot Hotel) near the Colosseum for around 90 euros for 4 of us. You might want to try your hotel to see if they can help you.
I agree with Kuki that generally the cruise line air is more expensive but once in a while they offer flights that are very reasonable.

Have a great cruise! You will love Roma!
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Default Cruise air

Celebrity is touting a new "air program"... and my t/a requested the "deviation" price (she is useless) by mistake. Oh well, have eight months to straighten this all out... On our NCL Gem cruise we fell in love with Rome, especially the Trevi Fountain..and can't wait to go back and see it at night.. Rome was not a disappointment, it was more than I had ever imagined and cant wait to go back. We have booked the Hotel Sonya in the middle of everything...what could be more romantic for an old couple..lol
Old March 7th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Quite frankly - wouldn't touch cruise air with any of the cruiselines. They are not user friendly and the cruiseline does not help you if you have a problem although a lot of people think they will.

You don't find your flights til close in and you could be on the milk run at any given time.

You are much better of booking your own or having your TA do it for you.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old March 7th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Cool Cruise air

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
Quite frankly - wouldn't touch cruise air with any of the cruiselines. They are not user friendly and the cruiseline does not help you if you have a problem although a lot of people think they will.

You don't find your flights til close in and you could be on the milk run at any given time.

You are much better of booking your own or having your TA do it for you.

WELL, I figured my darn t/a should earn her $$ because we always pick the cruise and know which cabin. etc. etc and she gets the commission..Besides, if you book with a t/a the cruise lines don't want to deal with you. She booked through Celebrity Swiss Air which was my first pick..is it a bargain who knows??....you know we have one stop in Zurich..and then onto Rome.. we have used it before and found them quite efficient.. though our favorite is Aer Lingus to Barcelona.. Plus they have two by two seating on the side aisles...
Old March 7th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
WELL, I figured my darn t/a should earn her $$ because we always pick the cruise and know which cabin. etc. etc and she gets the commission..Besides, if you book with a t/a the cruise lines don't want to deal with you. She booked through Celebrity Swiss Air which was my first pick..is it a bargain who knows??....you know we have one stop in Zurich..and then onto Rome.. we have used it before and found them quite efficient.. though our favorite is Aer Lingus to Barcelona.. Plus they have two by two seating on the side aisles...
I don't know what your paying but that actually sounds good for flights. One change is not bad at all.

Being a TA I understand your frustration when you can't talk to the cruiseline yourself however your TA should be keeping you up to date on your flights since she did choice air by the sounds of it. Has she given you your flights yet? Of course you can't take that exactly to the bank because these days it's not unusual for the airlines to change your flight times several times. Of course you want to stay on top of that information as they can change the times to something that just won't work - like leaving before the ship arrives for the return portion.

I have to have airlines change flights frequently because of that - the times are good when I book but after a couple of months they start messing with the times and next thing you know I'm on the phone telling them it just won't work. Now I do find the U.S. Carriers are good when I call and tell them it won't work with finding something that will.

Just keep an eye on it.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Admiral

Default FLIGHTs

Actually, we had several choices.. we are flying out from Logan in Boston.. I don't remember which airline called us last year to tell us they changed the flight to an hour earlier.. We are staying in Rome two nights..tried flying in the day of a cruise I was a nervous wreck... the rule is ...we stay at least one night(in the U.S. next month) and two nights in Europe. As I mentioned we loved Aer Lingus..and their crazy Dublin airport