Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Passenger

Default shorts on Celebrity

We are taking our first Celebrity Cruise. My shorts wearing traveling mates are wondering if you can wear nice shorts or nice jeans in the buffet at dinner. I told they would not be able to wear them or jeans in the main dining room. I don't wear either so I'm fine but they are curious. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Shorts and jeans will be fine in the buffet.

In the dining room the attire for the day, casual, informal and formal, will be required.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
Passenger

do you mean day is casual and night is informal and formal (on formal night only)?
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckrose View Post
do you mean day is casual and night is informal and formal (on formal night only)?
Sorry for the confusion.

I meant that the attire for the "evening" is posted in the daily planner that is delivered to your stateroom. There are three types of attire for the evening: Here is Celebrity's Dress Code:

Dining options abound aboard Celebrity. For breakfast and lunch, jeans, shorts and casual daywear are allowed in all dining venues before 6:00pm. After 6:00pm, this attire is allowed only in casual restaurants and cafés.

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Formal

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown or dressy pantsuit

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckrose View Post
We are taking our first Celebrity Cruise. My shorts wearing traveling mates are wondering if you can wear nice shorts or nice jeans in the buffet at dinner. I told they would not be able to wear them or jeans in the main dining room. I don't wear either so I'm fine but they are curious. Thanks in advance for your advice.
You have one minor problem, Celebrity does not and never has had a buffet for dinner fleetwide. They provide options such as pizza, hot dogs, sushi, etc however they do not have a buffet as you would have for lunch or breakfast.

Don
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:33 AM
Passenger

Wow. Thanks so much. So what is the dress code for the Waterfall Grill at dinner time?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Pluckrose,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Wow. Thanks so much. So what is the dress code for the Waterfall Grill at dinner time?
A major section of the Waterfall Grill offers "Alternative Casual Dining" in the evening, with a service charge of $2.00 per person per occasion. This is full table service, with tablecloths and cloth napkins, but the menu is not the same as the menu in the main dining room. Celebrity recommends reservations if you wish to dine there, though they will seat and serve walk-ins if tables are available.

The Waterfall Grill also has pizza bar, a pasta and salad bar, and a sushi bar that remain open through the dinner hour, with seating in sections that are not part of the "Alternative Casual Dining" service.

I think that daytime attire is permitted in the Waterfall Grill in the evening, but you'll find that entertainment options are very limited if you don't dress up for the evening.

In a nutshell, Celebrity is positively the wrong choice of cruise line for people who don't want to dress up.

Norm.
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Passenger

Norm,

Thank you for all your advice. I'm so excited to try Celebrity and I appreciate you taking the time to help me.
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Pluckrose,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Thank you for all your advice.
You're welcome. Glad to be of assistance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I'm so excited to try Celebrity and I appreciate you taking the time to help me.
I like Celebrity's style, but there are a lot of folks who would prefer a more casual style. You pay your money and you take your choice -- and there are plenty of viable choices out there in all segments of the spectrum.

Have a fabulous cruise!

Norm.