Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
Don,

There was a press release about a redesigned pod being installed aboard GTS Infinity for evaluation just before she headed to South America, probably around 2007 or 2008. IIRC, the test procedures required speed restrictions that affected the repositioning cruise and perhaps the first cruise from Santiago to Buenos Aires of that deployment to South America. The indication was that all of the ships of this class would get the new pods when they next went into drydock if the test yielded satisfactory results.

In any case, I'm planning to inquire about the pod issue during the Q&A session at the stockholder's meeting next month. I would like to hear from the company's executives that the problem is really resolved.

Norm.
Checked all the press releases from 2005 to this date and cannot find any such press release. I have followed this pretty closely and do not remember any possible solution being presented. All the M class ships did go in for installation of a generator to assist with operations while docked and many thought this was a repair for the pod problem. It would be interesting to see what they say at the stockholders meeting.

Don
Old April 7th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Checked all the press releases from 2005 to this date and cannot find any such press release. I have followed this pretty closely and do not remember any possible solution being presented. All the M class ships did go in for installation of a generator to assist with operations while docked and many thought this was a repair for the pod problem. It would be interesting to see what they say at the stockholders meeting.

Don
And that's the problem with most of this thread. Much has been posted as "fact" without any links to sources, news stories, or press releases. It's all just made to sound like facts the posters know, when it turns out to be rhetoric.
Old April 7th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Captain

How did the original poster's question about traveling to Alaska with his/her family evolve into another thread of sniping about Celebrity's Pod situation?
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Read the posts, happens everytime someone asks about an M class ship...

Don
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Captain

I know.... The poor original poster will probably never cruise now after reading all the arguing.
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC View Post
I know.... The poor original poster will probably never cruise now after reading all the arguing.
Hopefully the original poster got enough information related to their actual question before all the histrionics to find it helpful
Old April 28th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Beginner

WOW! I'm booked on the Millennium Aug. 13 2010. Am so looking forward to my trip. Have been on many vacations, cruises, all-inclusives ect. Sometimes there are problems, but if the offending party compensates the vacationers (as it appears) Celebrity has, what's to complain about? Sure it would be nice if nothing EVER went wrong, but be realistic, stuff happens. It looks like it cost Celebrity a pretty penny.
Get over it Nurse Debra.