Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2010, 10:55 AM
Beginner

Default shore excursions St. Maartin

Do any of you have suggestions for shore excursions? We've never been to the island, but being on a crowded bus doesn't seem like fun. We'd like to try snorkeling but would also like to see some of the sites. We tend to like quaint places rather than crowded tourist spots-we live in Orlando and hate the faux stuff. Any suggestions for good seafood dining? We'll be there from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. My husband and I are in pretty good shape so we don't mind walking, etc. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Well, with just a few ships in, this island can get crowded...The butterfly Farm could be good w/kids..also The America's Cup excursion, could be right up your alley, and a good workout to boot.

The island being both Dutch and French, offers a taste of both countries on an island tour. Dawn & Orient Beach makes for a relaxing day..part of Orient Beach is a nude beach..fyi...other options are..atv and scuba/snorkle tours, catamarans and zip lines as well.....see what is offered by the ship, or feel comfortable getting off the ship,and booking there as well.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Captain

On our first mainstream cruise in 1997, we did a snorkeling/beach excursion to Pinel Island,about a 15 min. boat ride from Orient Beach. It was so pristine-absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure if this excursion is still available though-check to see what's available with Celebrity on-line. Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll enjoy St.Maarten-after 12 Caribbean cruises, it's our favourite...almost
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:29 PM
Beginner

Default St. Maarten Excursions

I highly recommend the America Cup Sailing. We were on Stars and Stripes a few years ago and it was a blast. My sons and my wife did the work, I was the bartender. Once in a lifetime experience. Garlicruisers