Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Default Next year out 4 S class ships in Europe

New Press Release with deployments of the ship in 2011. 4 S class ships in Europe next year and Silhouette homeported for part of winter in Bayonnne.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. : Investor Relations : Press Releases
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Angry Celebrity Silhoutte....and General Rantings

Right now Norm I'm on a rampage against Celebrity and their excursion desk.. We booked the Equinox last July before excursions came out and now we find that the Holyland tours (Israel and Egypt) excursions are NOT recommended for guests with mobility problems and most are rated "Stenuous or the least "Moderate" Spoke to the excursions desk the other day and they blamed the tour vendors in those countries..As a result. we will have to spend $$$$ to visit the spots we want on private tours.With the Silhoutte are they going to continue with the same tour guides/vendors..They realize that (according to the woman I talked to) that there is an "older demographic" but supposedly cant do a thing about it..CRAP!!!! Time is fleeting, we are aging and if I knew what plans they are taking to remedy this I might cancel and wait until 2011. Do you know where I can find the itinerary of the new ship for their trans-atlantic?
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Right now Norm I'm on a rampage against Celebrity and their excursion desk.. We booked the Equinox last July before excursions came out and now we find that the Holyland tours (Israel and Egypt) excursions are NOT recommended for guests with mobility problems and most are rated "Stenuous or the least "Moderate" Spoke to the excursions desk the other day and they blamed the tour vendors in those countries..As a result. we will have to spend $$$$ to visit the spots we want on private tours.With the Silhoutte are they going to continue with the same tour guides/vendors..They realize that (according to the woman I talked to) that there is an "older demographic" but supposedly cant do a thing about it..CRAP!!!! Time is fleeting, we are aging and if I knew what plans they are taking to remedy this I might cancel and wait until 2011. Do you know where I can find the itinerary of the new ship for their trans-atlantic?
Having been to the Holy Land back in my college days, I'm not persuaded that the tour situation is likely to change soon. Topographically, much of the area consists of is very rugged hills and Celebrity's definition of "mild" is that you only walk on level ground. The most significant areas have narrow "streets" (?) built in biblical times, and thus tend to be pedestrian zones because most vehicles are too wide to navigate them safely. The sites outside of cities, such as the Garden of Gethsemane, tend to be somewhat more vehicle-friendly, with navigable roads that go right up to them, but many of these sites are on the sides of fairly steep hills that you must traverse to visit them.

If there's no "E-Z Tour of..." in Haifa or Ashdod, my recommendation is to pick tours that rated for "moderate" physical activity and use your judgement, with the guide's advice, as to where you can and cannot go. Celebrity really seems to overrate the physical exertion on their tours to compensate for passengers who overestimate their ability. Thus, you might find that the tours rated for "moderate" physical activity. You may well find that you have no problem at all.

Norm.
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Default Great information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
Parrot Mom,

Having been to the Holy Land back in my college days, I'm not persuaded that the tour situation is likely to change soon. Topographically, much of the area consists of is very rugged hills and Celebrity's definition of "mild" is that you only walk on level ground. The most significant areas have narrow "streets" (?) built in biblical times, and thus tend to be pedestrian zones because most vehicles are too wide to navigate them safely. The sites outside of cities, such as the Garden of Gethsemane, tend to be somewhat more vehicle-friendly, with navigable roads that go right up to them, but many of these sites are on the sides of fairly steep hills that you must traverse to visit them.

If there's no "E-Z Tour of..." in Haifa or Ashdod, my recommendation is to pick tours that rated for "moderate" physical activity and use your judgement, with the guide's advice, as to where you can and cannot go. Celebrity really seems to overrate the physical exertion on their tours to compensate for passengers who overestimate their ability. Thus, you might find that the tours rated for "moderate" physical activity. You may well find that you have no problem at all.

Norm.
THANK NORM... it's the cobblestoned streets that maybe killers, but we will persevere.. Never say die...or there is a phrase Len uses that means "Yes, I can"..Yo Se Puerda"..