CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   What Delectable Delights are not to be missed? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/373211-what-delectable-delights-not-missed.html)

Mike M April 13th, 2010 08:33 PM

What Delectable Delights are not to be missed?

I just finished making a Vietnamese Noodle Salad that was delicious and it got my brain thinking of what wonderful foods should I be trying on my May 3rd Century cruise.

I do hope they have the Viennese Chocolate Pudding (Mohr Im Hemd). It is one of my favorite Celebrity foods.

What's yours????????

Take care,
Mike

Trip April 13th, 2010 08:49 PM

On the top of my list...creme brule...I wish they would serve a creme brule tasting...mini versions of different flavors...yum, & decadent!!!:roll:

dkjretired April 14th, 2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1286052)
On the top of my list...creme brule...I wish they would serve a creme brule tasting...mini versions of different flavors...yum, & decadent!!!:roll:

Agree on the Creme Brulee, also, the one thing not to be missed are the fresh made waffles in the buffet in the morning....

Don

rollerdonna April 14th, 2010 07:48 AM

Trip, when I was on the Constellation last year, they DID have mini Creme Brules, during the late evening Chocolate Extravaganza in the Bar at the Edge of the World. There were mini cups with various different flavours of Creme Brule, great for sampling!

dkjretired, I also would recommend those wonderful breakfast waffles, with fresh fruit and whipped cream!

donna

aspengal April 17th, 2010 03:50 PM

Century food favs

Mike, On Century TA past Fall. Food much better than last Century, 06. I especially liked the lamb, best escargots at sea(every nite),homemade ice cream. Excellent flaky croisants. Breakfast pizzas inc. salmon and cream cheese. Enjoy.

johnthed0g April 17th, 2010 04:07 PM

We, Dear readers, are going to sample the delights of Qsine soon. We have NO IDEA what we are in for!! Actually a four nighter, different restaurant every night, Murano, Tuscan Grill, MDR, Qsine. What do you think...when will the formal be?... we are told 2nd night, the itinery goes 1) leave Southampton, 2) Cobh, 3) Cobh leave pm, 4) at sea.

Mike M April 17th, 2010 04:10 PM

The usual times for formal nights are, the second night and the last sea day.

If there are no sea days then it is usually the second night and the second to last night.

I know you'll have some great meals and I know I will also eat well on Century.

Take care,
Mike

dkjretired April 17th, 2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1286044)
I just finished making a Vietnamese Noodle Salad that was delicious and it got my brain thinking of what wonderful foods should I be trying on my May 3rd Century cruise.

I do hope they have the Viennese Chocolate Pudding (Mohr Im Hemd). It is one of my favorite Celebrity foods.

What's yours????????

Take care,
Mike

Fresh made waffles in the buffet and Creme Brulee....(not together though)

Don

SigLO August 22nd, 2010 05:54 PM

Drooling Now

Thanks all above!
Creme Brule--not my favorite--but maybe I haven't had the good stuff!
Food sounds great on Celebrity.

Anyone have any specifics for Summit?
Jan 29-Feb 5, 2011

Lucky I can eat my way through cruises and gain nothing--or lose the little I gain quickly! All that walking to get to the food!

Will have the waffles with fruit and whipped cream.

Do they have a pizza place 24 hours? How is it? Pizza only, or other selections? :Drofl

Manuel August 23rd, 2010 08:51 AM

On my last Celebrity cruise, I had creme brulee and escargot every night. Loved it! loved it!

When they served lamb shank, that was to die for.

TM

Nurse Debra August 23rd, 2010 06:51 PM

The one thing I enjoyed on my last Celebrity cruise was the sandwich bar, which was Aft on the M-class ships. The sandwiches were very good. The waffles were, IMHO way overrated. After trying them a couple of times, they were soggy and tasteless; I wound up having the croissants via room service. The croissants were very good.

Debra

Parrot Mom August 23rd, 2010 07:14 PM

Favorite Things

Osso Buccho is to die for and waffles on any ship..there is a secret...wait until they come right off the waffle machine.yummy...Unfortunately,I eat my way through the cruise and DO GAIN WEIGHT..LOL

Nurse Debra August 25th, 2010 06:23 PM

On all of my Celebrity cruises, there was no secret, as the waffles that I had were right off the grill. Most of the other people that I talked to, agreed that Celebrity waffles were certainly not anything special.

Debra

Mike M August 25th, 2010 06:32 PM

I remember before my first Celebrity cruise, ten years ago, there was a lot of talk about how wonderful the "Swan Thingee" was.

The food on that cruise and almost every other Celebrity cruise has been great but when I took my first bite of the "Swan Thingee" I was greatly disappointed. It was this soggy, swan shaped pastry, filled with a flavorless cream filling. With all the hype I was just expecting so much more. Oh well, Celebrity has more than made up for a bad "Swan Thingee". :D

Take care,
Mike

fourxbusymom August 25th, 2010 07:34 PM

My son fell in love with Creme Brulee on our last cruise, to the point that the waiter had a couple waiting on hem each night! In fact, he asked for a baking set to make it for Christmas that year - and he was 7! He LOVES making different flavors with mom, and I love having that special time with him!

gardener46 August 26th, 2010 08:26 AM

I agree the creme brulee--various flavors was wonderful,and osso buccho was one of the best entrees . I also agree the waffles are very average ( I think it is the whipped cream etc that would make cardboard taste good). The swan thingy is fun although tasteless.

Parrot Mom August 26th, 2010 09:32 AM

Tastes

First, the "swans" are made of puff pastry, the same as used for cream puffs and there is no way (as a cook)they can be filled as a cruise ship does and be "fresh"...it's just a custsey way to serve a dessert..As for waffles..basically they are all the same recipe..how one can be better than another I don't know..