Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Cool Next cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
Parrot Mom.

When is your next cruise?

TM
Just got off last Sunday from Soltice and recovering from bad airline recycled air.. and haven't started writing a review.. You will be surprised when you get advanced copy. NEXT CRUISE, is 10/18 Equinox to the Holyland..Its hysterical on one of the boards trying to get people who are hiring vans to and from the port..and joining private tours.. Right now the problem seems to be that although we have a private ride to the ship (and oh I'm looking forward to the Equinox) everybody seems to have very early flights back home and ours isn't until 2:45 p.m. Except for Corfu we are just about set everywhere with private tours and the last being one in Cairo...with possibly only four of us.. Hey, this is hard work.. and Parrot Pop doesn't seem to appreciate all my work.. Already thinking about 2011
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsea View Post
This is starting to sound like "my cruise line is better than your cruise line".

All lines have different perks which appeal to different people. If doing laundry for free while on vacation is that important, then pick a line that provides free laundry. Personally, the idea of going to a laudramat while on vacation does not particularly appeal to me. Celebrity does not provide free do it yourself laundry. But I do find that the 30 pieces of laundry (washed, dried and folded) for each Elite member in a stateroom is very convenient, especially on longer cruises.
Actually, I agree with you Rich, the last thing I want to do on a cruise is laundry....

Don
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra View Post
Don,

Thanks for your comments.
As usual, I will continue to speak the whole truth and not deal in "half-truths".

Speaking of bias, it should be pointed out that your comment in regard to my post, that "you receive free laundry after only ten cruises on Celebrity" is less than a half of the truth. As you stated, you do receive free laundry on Celebrity but it is limited to one bag of laundry per sailing and free dry cleaning of 1 garment item. You also receive free pressing of 2 garment items.
To avoid the usual doubters the source is Celebrity's own web site. I certainly agree that the new "limited free laundry on Celebrity" is a good first step to bring up Celebrity's past passenger program closer to the level of their competition.

All I was saying was that Celebrity's program certainly pales in comparison to the unlimited free laundry and unlimited free dry cleaning offered by Princess after 15 cruises, and the same may very well be offered on other premium cruise lines.

Debra
As I said I receive free laundry, the perks are per person in the room and since I travel with my wife and very frequently with my son who are also elite, the laundry is free for us. Sorry for the distinction..

For me all the perks are doubled or tripled depending on who is traveling...

Don
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Cool Laundry

It is a welcome perk.. After doing laundry everyday.. it will be a pleasure to just bag it up for somebody else.. It also means taking less clothes for this over packer and that is the best part...I hate wearing clothes twice if they are a bit dirty.
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Beginner

Well, the other line that had the self-serve was Princess, which I've always considered on a similar level to Celebrity. I've sailed both many times.
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Cool Equal

You'll have to go back several months but it started a big bruha (sp) when I after my first Princess,Pacific Princess... compared it lower than Celebrity as did Conde Naste... the board wasn't the same for weeks and weeks.. Let's not start..
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
You'll have to go back several months but it started a big bruha (sp) when I after my first Princess,Pacific Princess... compared it lower than Celebrity as did Conde Naste... the board wasn't the same for weeks and weeks.. Let's not start..
Conde Naste didn't compare anything, the readers of Conde Naste did.
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Cool Conde naste

SO, I assume the cruises know better than the magazine.....and we do.. People on these boards claim Conde is "elitist"...guess I am too..
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Admiral

It's not wrong to be (elistist). we have freedom of expression and we can be what we want to be.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default Elitiest Attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
It's not wrong to be (elistist). we have freedom of expression and we can be what we want to be.

TM
Maybe, just maybe in all my 70+ years I've become fussier and have higher expectations. I like to give compliments and raves when they are deserved, but when I'm disappointed I'll let everybody know why.