Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Beginner

Default Alaska Dogsled Shore Excursion

Hello All,

I am sailing on the June 25 Millennium Alaska Northbound cruise. My friends, first time cruisers, have their hearts set on a dogsledding shore excursion. Does anyone have any experience with them? There are several in both Juno and Skagway.

JU54-Sled Dog Summer Camp
JU57-Alaska Sled Dogs & Musher's Camp
JU69-Dogsled Adventure by Helicopter
SK10-Dog Sledding and Glacier Flightseeing
SK36-Musher's Camp & Sled Dog Expereince

I have to admit, I'm torn, I would like to do Skagway's Golden Glassblowing Experience, and White Pass Railway.

Any advice from anyone?

Thanks much!

Nina Dunham
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Passenger

We did the helicopter to the glacier and the dog sled ride combo in Juno It was outstanding, the views of the glacier from above was truly awesome and the sled ride on the glacier really brings into perspective how big the glacial expanse really is. It was rather expensive but well worth the money. I flew Huey's in Nam but it was my wife's first rotary flight so that made it even more memorable. The only down side is that you are at the mercy of the weather - fog/rain = no flight